How can I fix ipconfig /release or /renew gives The RPC server is unavailable?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

ipconfig /release or /renew gives The RPC server is unavailable

I did Windows 10 upgrade in August 2015 and everything seemed to be working fine with my internet connection

After a recent "Windows Update" (at end of november) I was noticing that right after bootup my wired ethernet connection was fine, but after about an hour or so I noticed that I would lose internet connectivity.

Then I noticed that when i do ipconfig /all the "Lease Expires" property was set for an hour after last bootup.

I don't know that much about network configuration, but after googling around a bit, I wanted to try to do ipconfig/release and ipconfig/renew to see if I could get that time to change. When i run either of those commands I get an error "The RPC server is unavailable"

I've checked in the Svcs.msc that "Remote Procedure Call" service is running.

Am I barking up the wrong tree? Is there something else I should be checking?

It's really annoying to have to reboot every hour to get my internet connectivity back!

thanks for any suggestions

judy tamir

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
Re: ipconfig /release or /renew gives The RPC server is unavailable

hmmph. "Event Log service is unavailable" When I check services, I don't even see any service to start. Sorry to be such a 'noob'

judy tamir

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site

ok, got the eventLog now.

there is error about Microsoft.Xbox "This app does not support the contract specified or is not installed. See Microsoft-windows-TWinUI/Operational log for additional information."

(I don't have an XBox. Is this a "windows10" app?)

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site

Xbox is an app. In the Event Viewer tool you can look under the folders for that referenced TWinUI log and see more detailed logs there.

TheCudder

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Check that the "RPC Endpoint Mapper" service is running and set to automatic.

Also may want to look at manually installing the latest driver for your Ethernet adapter. If you have any third-party Internet Security Suites, try disabling it and see if that changes anything.

If none of that fixes it, can you post a screenshot your local area status dialog box & properties.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium