Grabbing text messages from my Lumia 920

scubatony

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Very simple question really that does seem to have been addressed with success anywhere else.

I have several text message threads that I would like to transfer to my tower.

I am open to any suggestions

MP3Mike

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
Download and use the "Contacts+message backup" app. It exports all of your text messages to a text file. Then you can transfer that file and restore it on another phone. You can also open the text file to pull stuff out, but it isn't nicely formatted.

scubatony

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Hi Mike
Thanks for that.
I now have a problem which how ever I try I can't seem to get rid of.

On the "Downloads and installs" page on my Lumia 920 phone I have the following information;
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Queue (2)
Gadgets
Starting download
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
==========================================
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
contacts + message backup
Starting download

Check for updates

Above you have everything as seen on the screen with the exception of >>>> and <<<< and ==== they are just used to segregate the various items.

On doing a bit of research Microsoft are saying "Gadgets have been discontinued" please see below

windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/gadgets ---------- This is not a live link till I have 10 posts

This is stuck in a continual loop, "starting download" . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . just will not progress further than "starting download"

So I can only think the phone is trying to download something that is not there ! ! !

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans