Error downloading speech settings Lumia 930

LosArrogantes

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
Dear,

I had a Lumia 930 that was good working with Cortana on settings on build .36.
I was so stupid to do a hard reset...
Now I cant download the speech settings for US English, I have always error downloading...

I did plenty of things to let this work again like :
- Hard reset without backup
- Hard reset with backup
- Hard reset without backup and skipping Cortana activation and trying to directly downloading the speechsettings
- Hard reset with backup and skipping Cortana activation and trying to downloading the speechsettings
- Unregister from Windows Insider and register again

This all with no effect...

Can somebody please give for this a solution, I'm getting crazy about this...
Also a thing that I find weird is that when I open the Windows insider app, I have still the screen "get preview builds", its like the app don't save my settings for fast or slow ring...
But I did received the confirmation mail for windows insider, so...

I tried the same thing with my wifes Lumia 830, and she got the same problem...

bemiquel

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
yes, you should try downloading Windows Insider app and enroll in the fast or slow program. Then restart and you will be able to download new speech languages.

LosArrogantes

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
That doesn't work...

I already had installed the insider app restarted rerolled, but still no installation and no Cortana and still the error downloading...

Florin_Anghel

Banned
Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
Change location/region/display language to another country, reboot, then change it to United States then try to download keyboard/speech etc.
If you leave automatic does not work.

ROBBIE HALL

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
Had a solution for this but cant remember exact method. It had something to do with either deleting preview or enrolling again. I'll try to find the post and edit.

EDIT:
re-enroll in insider on fast ring. Download speech. If this fails delete insider reinstall re-enroll on fast ring download speech.
It may still give you an error be sure to have a strong WiFi signal. I also had preview for developers installed.

ROBBIE HALL

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
Well i don't know. Usually works for me. Region time etc set to USA and then download the speech that way. Only other option is to reset to 8.1 download speech lumia camera glance and system apps (update) do a backup then do an upgrade to 10 and restore that said backup

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

LosArrogantes

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
Allready did resets...

Well, if there is no sollution, i will wait for an update or if this is to long waiting, i will go back to Android...

ROBBIE HALL

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
I think we have misunderstanding...you said you've done all the resets. I don't mean hard reset or erasing all data. I meant using the windows device recovery tool via pc and resetting the software back to 8.1
A hard reset doesn't do this.
Try using the tool then following my previous instructions.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven