I realized recently that I don't have a default browser, so I went to Settings, then to Default Apps to select one. However, when I went to choose a default, I got a message saying that "There is no installed app for this type of file or protocol."
    choose-app.png
    Where there should be a list of browsers for me to choose from, there was only a link to the app store which took me to a page entitled "Results for 'http'." What is going on? I have Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, and Internet Explorer installed on my computer, and they showed up on the list of apps under "Apps and Features." I tried to choose an app by file type and by protocol, but got the same results. I also tried to set defaults by app, and upon selecting Google Chrome from the list, clicked "Set this program as default," but nothing changed. What should I do to fix this?
    01-04-2016 12:33 PM
    I realized recently that I don't have a default browser, so I went to Settings, then to Default Apps to select one. However, when I went to choose a default, I got a message saying that "There is no installed app for this type of file or protocol."
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Choose an app.png 
Views:	2 
Size:	46.9 KB 
ID:	119949
    Where there should be a list of browsers for me to choose from, there was only a link to the app store which took me to a page entitled "Results for 'http'." What is going on? I have Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, and Internet Explorer installed on my computer, and they showed up on the list of apps under "Apps and Features." I tried to choose an app by file type and by protocol, but got the same results. I also tried to set defaults by app, and upon selecting Google Chrome from the list, clicked "Set this program as default," but nothing changed. What should I do to fix this?
    Open the browser itself and set default from there
    01-05-2016 01:38 AM