Why I'm happy I put windows 10 on my phone

captaincalamity

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Its been a couple of weeks now and I've had no issues on my L930.
I've got the same build on my L920 and that's a completely different story.

But its just not a fast or fluid as 8.1 yet, surely you must agree, OK it all works, but until you return to 8.1 you just don't realise how much more fluid everything is with 8.1

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
But its just not a fast or fluid as 8.1 yet, surely you must agree, OK it all works, but until you return to 8.1 you just don't realise how much more fluid everything is with 8.1

I tested both Windows 10 Mobile Build 10586.29 and Windows Phone 8.1 GDR2 with Lumia Denim side-by-side with identical processors and RAM, and Windows Phone 8.1 was consistently a few milliseconds faster. However, Windows 10 Mobile has been improving, and the Windows Phone 8.1 phone was nearly out-of-the-box with no real customizations whatsoever while the Windows 10 Mobile device was my daily driver so had all my applications and customizations.

Sp12er

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I know that its a basic question, but is Bluetooth Keyboard (and mouse) and USB OTG support come for Lumia x2x series (specific L920)? I've been unable to upgrade to W10M due to some error, but are willing to do Hard resert if it will solve it and give me that 2 features. If not, I might have to reserve to buying some big screened android.

captaincalamity

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Upgrade to the .63 latest Windows Mobile 10 build and now you can safely say its very nearly as fast as 8.1, considering all the added advantages of windows 10, this is becoming a good thing.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
I know that its a basic question, but is Bluetooth Keyboard (and mouse) and USB OTG support come for Lumia x2x series (specific L920)? I've been unable to upgrade to W10M due to some error, but are willing to do Hard resert if it will solve it and give me that 2 features. If not, I might have to reserve to buying some big screened android.

You should be able to do the Bluetooth keyboard, but I think USB OTG is well beyond the Lumia 920's hardware.

M7H

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site

Sorry, I disagree.
Are you comparing W8.1 to W10 on a Lumia 930?
I do, and also W10 on a L930, is very fluid.
Actually a lot of things can be done much faster on W10 compared to W8.1.
Email is king on W10, compared to W8.1.

If not, there is something wrong with your phone.

captaincalamity

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I wrote that before .63 update....the latest update is spot on and I agree the added features with windows 10 ie calendar and email for one, really make it stand out. before this update i found the fluidity and speed just not on par with 8.1, but now that's a thing of the past...things are really shaping up well for Windows Mobile 10

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss