How much you like or hate home screen has only tiles and a swipe to all apps??

shanneykar

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
Whenever I think of windows phone, first thing pops into mind is all colorful tiles. And a swipe to all apps. yup that's it, no lounging on the home screen as you do on android or even apple for that case if you have many apps.

So eventhough apps is a big drawback, I just can't imagine living with very limited homescreen. I would prefer at minimum an option to a screen like android as i also like live tiles sometimes.

Huge drawback of the current home screen I see are:

* Only 2 screens with a swipe to all apps
* All colorul tiles difficult to find a app quick.
* All apps with vertical slide small icons is as well difficult spot a app if you have many.
* Live tiles are useful but icons are beautiful.

Note: Please don't bash me - just personal preference. And yes so many topic on how many hate live tiles, but I just need votes for giving user a choice to also have a desktop like screen in addition to live tiles. No wrong to be more customizable.

So you LOVE current home screen or HATE it??

R3mis

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
I absolutely love it. It's so simple, yet so effective. I have everything I need on the start screen. So much information just at one place. You can also make folders which is awesome too.

I hate Android's system of multiple pages of apps which are just icons and bear no information. I find it pointless and confusing. I used an Android phone for a week and absolutely hated it. Nothing made sense to me. I could not figure out how to close apps or how to get to a list of opened apps. I almost gave up on smartphones lol. Then I discovered Windows Phone and fell in love ....

rafal soboczynski

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Respect your opinion, however I doo LOVE live tiles and simplicity in general. Yes they are lacking a little bit behind android in functionality, and I would love functional live tiles in future 'maybe redstone' where you could expand on tile rather than opening an app 'this is where 3d touch could be useful'. I have to agree about small icon in app list maybe this could be redesigned a little but in general it is ok.
What I don't like about android is the lack of consistency between widgets ' I have slight ocd' and iphone just seems meh, don't get any information unless you actually go to app.
What I would like Microsoft to work on is the notification system, it looks dull and it's not very functional just yet, aldo more apps need to use the things like quick reply for example messenger and what's app. Interface on windows 10 mobile isn't perfect but it is my favourite out of them all

Tien-Lin Chang

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
I think tiles are compromise between icon and widget. However thanks the poor app list/sorting function in Windows Mobile OS(the cross-language support is terrible), eventually you'll pin all the apps you use on main screen and basically make the app list useless.

I like how wm10 tiles looks like but still wishing for interactive tiles comes to service like the android widget rather than just one-way, randomly information deliver current tile does.

Overall, there's very little change in Windows Mobile UI since wp7(folder, action center are the only two really helps the efficiency of the UI IMO) and is clearly that windows mobile platform are still far from perfect so I really hope can see some exciting changes coming.

cmattau90

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
Putting the live tiles for apps I use frequently on the start screen and having the list of all apps just a swipe away works well. I don't like the screen after screen of apps that iOS has. And the live tiles make the screen more interesting and useful.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss