Windows 10 Mobile: Live tile concept

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
It's already coming sometime in redstone. Not a fan of the black thin tile icons. I actually don't mind the current ones in windows 10 mobile. It would be better if they were filled in black like the little notification icons in mail live tile. I have created windows feedback for a swap feature in the live tiles. You tap swap and it lets you select a tile you want to swap with.

Zeem Frostmaw

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
That video definitely has the right idea of how I'd like to see Interactive Live Tiles, as an interactive way to go through the information a live tile may already be fetching. Stuff like the music, camera and calculator tiles are a little excessive, but they're certainly impressive as proof of concept.

kristalsoldier

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
That video definitely has the right idea of how I'd like to see Interactive Live Tiles, as an interactive way to go through the information a live tile may already be fetching. Stuff like the music, camera and calculator tiles are a little excessive, but they're certainly impressive as proof of concept.

I agree! Though, I thought the music, camera and calculator demos were quite good. Add some good animation to this and you have a nice feature set that is competitive. I wonder if the relevant APIs for W10 already allow for this functionality. I can see how developers may find this attractive.

But yes, this is how I thought Live Tiles would work - interactively, rather than what we have today.

kristalsoldier

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Technically, hardware capability is the only limitation.

In my opinion, being able to do quick simple tasks through the notification center is sufficient; implementing this feature in Live Tiles might be redundant - why not open the app itself and be able to "fully" do what you want in the entire space of the screen rather than in a confined space within a "Tile" since it's the same functionality anyway? Being able to reply to SMS through the notification/action center is a step in the right direction; let's hope that Microsoft will enable this feature for all other similar apps.

Again, the idea is neat and interesting - gives the user experience a fresh feel, giving depth to the definition of "live" in "live tile". Maybe a little demo video would enlighten us more on the idea and how it could look like. :smile:

Well...there are some situations when we are on the hop - increasingly common in our increasingly hectic lifestyles - which require a quick response. I would have thought affording the ability to do so directly from the Live Tile would aid that. Invoking the Notifications requires at least one swipe and some scrolling. The Live Tiles are just there though scrolling may also be necessary depending on where they are placed by the user. But hey! I have no idea about design etc. I am talking off the top of my head. Very likely what you point out is more relevant and to the point.

Dunde

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
People hub's live tile shows photos of contacts from facebook also, and as they change their profile picture, the people hub will follow. Sometime, I want to know whose pic that shown by people hub's tile. It will be nice if clicking the pic will open the people apps and directly show the contact own the pic.

VivekRabara

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
People hub's live tile shows photos of contacts from facebook also, and as they change their profile picture, the people hub will follow. Sometime, I want to know whose pic that shown by people hub's tile. It will be nice if clicking the pic will open the people apps and directly show the contact own the pic.

Right. It should have some func. to do. Otherwise it's just showcase. By above concept MS can display few details in maximize like new emails, can call/msg/email from there etc.

Erick Garcia Godoy

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
S? n?o gostei da arte do ?lbum, redondo fica feio, quadrado seria melhor... e a Tile ta muito grande, poderia ser um pouco menor, com as informa??es e ?cones mais concentrados e polidos... Parab?ns pela Ideia, ficou muito boa! mas tente melhora-la ! good luck!

Translation: (via Translate.com - Microsoft(R) Translator)
I just didn't like the album art, round gets ugly, square would be better ... and it's very great Tile, it could be a bit smaller, with the information and more concentrated and polished icons ... Congratulations for the idea, it was very good! but try to improve it good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:

VivekRabara

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
S? n?o gostei da arte do ?lbum, redondo fica feio, quadrado seria melhor... e a Tile ta muito grande, poderia ser um pouco menor, com as informa??es e ?cones mais concentrados e polidos... Parab?ns pela Ideia, ficou muito boa! mas tente melhora-la ! good luck!

Translation: (via Translate.com - Microsoft(R) Translator)
I just didn't like the album art, round gets ugly, square would be better ... and it's very great Tile, it could be a bit smaller, with the information and more concentrated and polished icons ... Congratulations for the idea, it was very good! but try to improve it good luck!

Thanks. this was just rough concept. So can be better as you said. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720