Accuweather Universal App

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
What a load of junk compared to the previous version. Bright white theme, ads in the middle of the screen, many touches to get what you want. Info on various different screens etc..

It is really messed up! Oh, and to top it off, live tile doesn't work properly, again, unlike the previous app. All I get is the orange square. Looks ridiculous on a transparent start page.

Arrrrggghhhh...why oh why

Last edited by a moderator:

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I'd differ in opinion and findings (both in PC and mobile):
- live tile works and updates regularly;
- theme is cleaner now compared to the previous Windows Phone 8 version, better proportioned;
- loads faster;
- no longer requires me to have a saved location (now it can just rely on my current location for data);
- detailed information that is displayed in the lock screen is concise

Of course the current version is "young" considering the new paradigm in design.

smsmith1975

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
On my Lumia 830, the new AccuWeather takes at least 30 to 40 seconds to find my location and present the weather details. Works quick on my laptop, but it's unbearable on the phone for me. Doesn't matter if I am on WiFi or cell coverage. And the live tile only ever showed me the "home" location.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I play mix and match.

On 10 desktop I pin the (Microsoft) Weather App to Start, but on the phone I like Amazing Weather the best out of the many I have tried. It works no matter where I travel and the multiple cities (each with a page) are a pleasure to have set up. I wish they would go universal already.

I know you are not in the US, Mad, but for those that are... Wowzah - is NOAA High-Def Radar severely useful as a live tile and that one is universal. Nothing like hitting Start on 10 and seeing the radar picture on the tile. And for mobile it is must have.

Tonio78

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
Accuweather is a mess for me on any of my computers/phone since I started with Windows 8.1 and still is now I'm on W10. Chose the MSN for my computer and use Amazing Weather on my phone. I'm living in France and for any city the information is acurate.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster