Total Silence until next alarm?

NoidPurity

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I'm new to Windows Phone 10, I used Android a couple of years before and I'm really missing a nice mute feature that was on Android.

There I could choose to totally mute the phone, ring tone, notifications and vibration until the next alarm. (See image)
Is that possibly on WP10?

Now It's a bit annoying that I must first press my volume button, then the arrow, then mute the sound and then press vibration.

alarm.png

Kind Regards,
Noiden

NoidPurity

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Maybe, feels so on the look of the quick setting icon. The problem is when I try to configure that, I only comes to Search Setting that says that Cortana is not supported in your region and language...

P1ng0fDeath

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
uhh that's too bad. Cortana is not available worldwide yet. We'll have to wait a bit more until it reaches our countries.

although you can get Cortana to work using US as region and english as language AFAIK.

where do you live btw? i see you had english as language on your old phone...

Last edited:

anon9776305

Banned
Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
There used to be a separate Quiet Hours app that functioned perfectly before MS baked it into the OS. Too bad they can't bring that back. I even paid for full features and now it is unusable sadly.

NoidPurity

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
uhh that's too bad. Cortana is not available worldwide yet. We'll have to wait a bit more until it reaches our countries.

although you can get Cortana to work using US as region a english as language AFAIK.

where do you live btw? i see you had english as language on your old phone...

I live in Sweden. Aa, that was just a screenshot from the web of the function, not my phone.

Hmm, but if I change region, does that even change the time zone? and 24 hour clock, because then I rather live with the messy way to mute for a while. =)

P1ng0fDeath

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
I live in Sweden. Aa, that was just a screenshot from the web of the function, not my phone.

Hmm, but if I change region, does that even change the time zone? and 24 hour clock, because then I rather live with the messy way to mute for a while. =)

I currently have US set as region. In my experience I saw no differences, except few apps that may not be available in other regions (it's the reason I still have it set)

Changing region won't affect your time zone or 24h clock, but changing language will. You can revert back those changes

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa