Windows 10 mobile 10586.63 out now

nachin_007

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site
Hello over here...!

I was a Lumia 1020 owner until its USB connector stopped working. Firstly the computer didn't seem to want to detect it when connected, secondly I became unable to charge it. As it was outside the warranty terms, I committed the enormous mistake of carrying it to an un-official technical service store... where they became it unusable. And they haven't wanted to take the responsibility.

Anyway... After a huge bulge of comings and goings that includes a couple of official Nokia stores, finally it resulted on being unfixable and I had to buy another 1020.

I had enrolled Windows Insider, then installed the .29 and .36 builds of Windows 10, and this morning I've received the upgrade to .63 version. The change that I've seen and that want to comment here is that they've fixed the Speech packages and Keyboard packages download.

The way to get them is the same as commented here in other threads for previous builds of Windows 10 and the same as on Windows 8: go to Settings, then Region, then Speech, then add the desired one, then go back to Region, then go back to main Settings screen; then go to Updates and Security, go to Update the phone and v?il?, this time you DO find the upgrade ready for install (as valid for Speech as for Keyboard packages).

Nasrul Nizam Ismail

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
This build is really bad for lower end Lumia's. Constant freezing,reboot,long loading screen. After a year of development, this is getting frustrating even for testers like me. But I'll keep supporting Microsoft anyways. Go team Microsoft!

Last edited:

fredriks

Jan 7, 2016
Visit site
What about the battery performance?

Today I used my 830 at work, one Exchange mail and one Gmail syncing with push. I think I was talking about 1,5 hours. I got a lot of mail and respond to many of them throw my phone. Not so much web and forum checking but some. I took it of my charger at 06:00 am and now at 06:00 pm it's about 65% left. It's better than my Samsung S6. I really happy with it's performance

Abhinayan David

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
  • The mobile charging speed has reduced significantly. Using the mobile charger, it takes forever to complete charging while it continues to display notification about the device is charging slowly.

I'm also facing the same issue on Lumia 640. I'm still not sure whether it is Software or Hardware related. I've tried other chargers as well but same problem.
Any solutions you came across for this issue?

kieran mulvaney

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
Hello, I have a Nokia Lumia 930, i was just wandering if it is safe to download theWindows 10 insider preview onto my primary device, or should i wait for the official update to be released?

captaincalamity

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I have a Nokia Lumia 930, i was just wandering if it is safe to download theWindows 10 insider preview onto my primary device, or should i wait for the official update to be released?
I also have a l930, I am running the latest 10 build on fast insider. It runs very well, and I use mine all day, business and pleasure.

I'd say download the insider build, then fully reset the phone, set-up as New phone not from a back up, then reinstall windows insider again, select fast insider, then update to the latest build. Probably overkill but my 930 runs excellent with great battery life now to.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
how to do a manually install? it is a part of the system? can you show me a way to do it? as this err has been with my phone for ages

You can install it to your phone memory from here. After installing reboot and check for updates from the Store. That should bring you to the latest version.

Brett Sanderson

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
My phone wont charge anymore after the latest update, i just get "USB Device Not Recognized" when i plug it in. Are there any drivers i can download somewhere?

Win10all

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
thanks for the help. downloaded, but unable to install. it has err. so far, i have not done a hard reset for this version yet. just want to wait for next version and see what happens. everything else work beautifully. battery life is also very good.
640xl lte ds.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon