Shopping Advice (950, 950 XL or 640 XL LTE)

jtkitzel

Jan 10, 2016
Visit site
Hello

Sorry for bad english, i am from germany.

Need advice, which Lumia should i buy? I am switching from iPhone 6Plus because of eagerness to try sth new, the lack of Innovation in IOS and the way the Lumia could work together with my home computer (Windows 10).

My user profile as smartphone user: calling, Whatsapp, Facebook, email, make photos of my family (without editing the photos afterwards), Surfing the web.
Apps: no gaming, only Core Apps like Rail Information in Germany, Banking (my Bank has a WP App have already checked , News Apps, Spotify.

My needs for the new phone: Big screen and battery, LTE. HD-Display is fine, QHD is no Must Have. WM10 would be nice.

I have already checked and found my needs fulfilled in the Lumia 950, 950 XL and 640 XL LTE (WM10 per Insider Programm).

I can prolong my phone carrier subscription for the (in germany normal) 2 years and they would give me the 950 for 150? (monthly fee then 30? instead of 20?) or the 950 XL for 250? (monthly fee also 30? instead of 20?). The 640 XL LTE is not provided by my carrier so i would have to buy it (cost about 220? in germany) nur the monthly fee would remain 20?.

Which phone should I take? And sorry again for my bad english.

Rugish Dapeca

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
If the Continuum is something you're interested in, then the 950 and 950XL are the way to go. Most users here on the forums that have those phones have complained about battery drain with them. While others have said doing a hard reset on the phone, installing the updated firmware and then the latest 10586.63 OS update have improved the battery usage. So take this as a potential expectation for the phone, but as with any model, your experience may be different.

The 640XL seems to be very stable running the latest OS release, and can be considered a safe purchase. The advantage for the 640XL is you can fall back to the 8.1 Denim release if W10M is just too unstable for you. The 950's don't have that option.

No matter which phone you choose, just be aware that the W10M OS is still technically in a developer preview / beta state, and things should only get better as you go.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb