Lost Smartphone with windows 10 mobile

Santiago_Canepa

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Hello, i am here to ask you what can i do to lock and delete my lost phone ? in the page of microsoft appear my old lumia 920 with win8.1 but my 1520 with win10 dosn?t. I am sure that i had configured it, are there any changes because it is windows 10? thanks.

justonlumia

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
If the lost device is not appearing on My Phone/track my phone page you can't do much but to go to the proper authorities with IMEI asap

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
"find my phone" has to be activated on the phone (shame on MS that it isn't set by default).
I advice to even activate the "store position more frequently".
If all has been done, your phone should be trackable on https://account.microsoft.com/devices.

Find my phone cannot be activated by default as it affects mobile owners privacy. The mobile owner should be given the opportunity to say whether they want to turn it on.

Santiago_Canepa

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Thanks you all. It seems like there is no solution, i can?t connect to my phone and i didn?t knew that you must check first the option in the phone. thanks!

Roland Stoll

May 2, 2014
Visit site
Find my phone cannot be activated by default as it affects mobile owners privacy. The mobile owner should be given the opportunity to say whether they want to turn it on.
Yes, that's true, it can't be activated by default...
But it could be part of the first setup of the device ("do you want to active 'find my phone'?"). As far as I can remember (used to use iPhones for 6 years) this is done by iOS since this feature was implemented there - so why not do this in W10m, too? That what I meant "by default"...

anon(3463402)

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
I could swear that part of the W10M setup asks if you want to enable Find My Phone...
You are right. :)

6i8aqsl.jpg

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Yes, that's true, it can't be activated by default...
But it could be part of the first setup of the device ("do you want to active 'find my phone'?"). As far as I can remember (used to use iPhones for 6 years) this is done by iOS since this feature was implemented there - so why not do this in W10m, too? That what I meant "by default"...

It is part of the first set up. During the first set up, after we sign into your account, phone prompts us to activate "Find my phone".

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3