Microsoft Maps points to wrong locations?

meinefressemaney

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site
Hey there, i have noticed something about the new "maps" app from Microsoft that comes with WP10:

If i search a specific Address it points me to a wrong location. When I change the house number to another one and then back i get the correct location (most times). The exact same thing happens at my Windows Phone and my Windows PC that also got the "maps" app.

The same address is ALWAYS located correct at Here Maps and Here Drive!
I am really disappointed from Microsofts replacement!

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    320.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    337.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 3.PNG
    3.PNG
    350.4 KB · Views: 5

Josh Harman

Banned
Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
No. Never had that, and I use the app daily all over the country (US).

Is it just one location, of does it do that to all locations you enter?

patcherd

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
I notice sometimes the screen freezes, or the voice tells me to turn and it doesn't sync with the map. But this is rare and usually if I backspace it puts me at my exact location.

meinefressemaney

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site
For now i have used Here Drive most of the time. I just wanted to try out the new alternative from Microsoft and it pointed me to a wrong locaton. After noticing that i used HERE and when I was back home I tried to reproduce it and noticed that I have the same problem at PC and smartphone. I tried out some other adresses now and it seems to work perfect with the other ones.

Whats confusing is that after alternating the house number and then use the same number like before again it suddenly shows the right location (screenshot 1+2) and also that HERE has absolutely no problem with that address although it uses the same map data

jeffchapik

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I've had it do this quite a few times. Once in the Galveston area, it took me off the highway and into a deadend truck parking lot while trying to get back to our hotel.

lankylars

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
I've only had a map error one time, where it took me to the wrong location on the correct street that was split in half (terminates at a divided highway). Other than that, the maps app has worked fine for me while navigating around the Mid Atlantic region.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos