Background apps - Messenger not showing up

Nischi85

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi

I have a 950 XL with the latest build available through the inside program. I'm using the facebook Messenger app. But I would like to disable it running in the background, how can I achieve this? It does not show up in the settings for apps running in the background =/
For now I have disabled any kind of notification, but I would still like to completely stop it from running unless I explicitly want to.

Do you guys have a similar case?

k72

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
I find that there are several apps that seem to be this way. They just don't show up on the list at all.

Nischi85

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Is this up to the app developers, or is it Microsoft software which fails to detect the apps? =/ Should be enforced for all apps.

Larks81

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site
Hi

I have a 950 XL with the latest build available through the inside program. I'm using the facebook Messenger app. But I would like to disable it running in the background, how can I achieve this? It does not show up in the settings for apps running in the background =/
For now I have disabled any kind of notification, but I would still like to completely stop it from running unless I explicitly want to.

Do you guys have a similar case?

Larks81

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site
Try looking for the app through battery saver settings, iv found apps that have had the toggle background option there but not in background app settings. Hope that makes sense.lol

Nischi85

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I found the app that way, thanks by the way.
It seems I already did turn it off that way long time ago, strangely enough... it's using close to 70% of the battery by running in the background....and I do get updated tile notifications, so it does indeed run, but why?
Must be a bug since the system settings should really override the app settings, right ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans