AC3 (A52) audio doesn't play in Windows 10 Mobile, has anyone else had this problem?

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
AC3 (A52) audio doesn't play in Windows 10 Mobile

Hello,

I have .mkv files with X.264 video and AC3 audio that wouldn't play on Windows 10, latest build, Lumia 950XL in the default Films/TV app (There's video, but no sound).

They play fine in VLC, but it is not a universal app, so doesn't serve my purpose with continuum.

Do others have the same problem? Is it documented anywhere what codecs the Films/TV app does support?

By the way, the same app on Windows 10 desktop can play these files just fine, so looks like something to do with the OS, not the app.

Can someone suggest a good Windows 10 universal app which supports a wide variety of codecs (Ready to pay for a good app).

justonlumia

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
Re: AC3 (A52) audio doesn't play in Windows 10 Mobile

AC3 license issues, same case with mx player in android but can be fixed with custom codecs or using vlc kmp etc

Sadly VLC wants to focus on only WP 8.1 app right now

Try FLV player if AC3 works you can buy it

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site

Thanks, that is quite unfortunate. I will add this as a suggestion via Insider app.

Is FLV player a Windows 10 app?

AC3 license issues, same case with mx player in android but can be fixed with custom codecs or using vlc kmp etc

Sadly VLC wants to focus on only WP 8.1 app right now

Try FLV player if AC3 works you can buy it

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site

Good stuff. I downloaded the trial. The app page doesn't say whether it is a Windows 10 app though, will try it out with continuum once I get home. If it does work on the second screen, will buy it.

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site

Unfortunately, not a universal app, although plays everything beautifully, better than VLC, I must say

justonlumia

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site

So far the only problem I have experienced with FLV player was video was running really fast like 2x 3x speed for some reason while the same file played fine on moliplayer/vlc. Happened only for one specific mkv file.

VLC is loaded with options like a media center and gets really slow and crashes from time to time, probably because it is still being worked on.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes