What do we do if someone at Microsoft is complaining this way about the OS?

BB-JAM215

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
Re: What do we do if someone at Microsoft is complaining this way about the OS

Maybe he works for Microsoft and maybe he doesn't, but there will always be issues and frustrations when you're on the "bleeding edge" of technology.

mmar1974

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site

Maybe true... even when the phone and OS are available to the public already, should be more stable... but the real question here is, why such an important guy in MS (because he does work there) complains to the cyber-world, one has to think he has access to the insiders there correct? is MS just dropping the ball/OS here? because there is a TON of resources invested on developing for iOS and Android yes? just frustrating...

BB-JAM215

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site

If there are lots of regular users who are frustrated, why shouldn't Microsoft employees be as well. Would you prefer he said there were no problems and he wasn't frustrated.

kwajr

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site

Btw no one said you had to support it.

mmar1974

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site

Agree with both of you, just shows the wrong image if you ask me... microsoft looks like a broken company full of competing silos

jlzimmerman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
In my opinion, if MS employees are complaining about performance/features on W10M, it is a good thing. Closer to the source the better.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
He also admits he's not running the latest version. Odd indeed. I guess he wants to use it the way a consumer would, but even the non-insider distribution is supposed to be higher.

DCTF

May 16, 2013
Visit site
^ Still, it's on the market and that version ought to be RTM. Yet those of us who've got even more recent builds are experiencing the same problems and worse. This is a serious problem at this stage, surely?

Kimmo Toivanen

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure how some people are reading that, maybe a bit too much between the lines, but to me it looks like he is talking personally, not as a spokesperson for phone OS or apps or anything Microsoft. For sure he is not insider, like most of the WP users are not, and I guess it is not mandatory even for *50 users. Maybe MS gave it to him with a note "no need to bring it back" or maybe he bought it himself, since he could sell it. He had a not-so-good experience with the phone, like many have. Why would he not be allowed to say it? If he had an iPhone (I think quite many at Microsoft and at Google have iPhones) and he tweeted he has an iPhone, would that mean that Microsoft is even deeper with their mobile OS because even their own employees won't use it ;)

Even though there is saying in my country, "sing the songs of whose bread you eat", it would be silly to emphasize the subject based on where one works at, or questioning if employees can have their freedom of opinions and speech. However, if Satya or Panos tweeted that they are frustrated and they have had it with their ill-working Lumias (though I don't think Panos has one), that would be news :)

We are not living in 1984, are we ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers