Mail app on Windows 10 doesn't show my outlook contacts

Aashish13

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
When I want to send a mail to a known person It doesn't show me the email contact when I type name or even his email address. The search contact only works If I have sent someone a mail only from the Windows 10 mail app otherwise it doesn't show the contact which I might have save or synced when I have used it on web and also on windows 8.1 mail app. Can anyone help me out why my contacts can't be displayed when I type on Windows 10 mail app. Thank You in advance:)

fredriks

Jan 7, 2016
Visit site
When I want to send a mail to a known person It doesn't show me the email contact when I type name or even his email address. The search contact only works If I have sent someone a mail only from the Windows 10 mail app otherwise it doesn't show the contact which I might have save or synced when I have used it on web and also on windows 8.1 mail app. Can anyone help me out why my contacts can't be displayed when I type on Windows 10 mail app. Thank You in advance:)

Have the same issue on my 830 with wp10

It must be a bug, haven't found a way to solve this.

Ecm

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

Check to make sure that contact sync is enabled. Open the Mail app, and click on the Settings cog. Go to Manage Account and select the account you need to check. From the Account Settings page, click on "Change mailbox sync settings". You should see a page with Sync Options toggles for email, calendar and contacts. Ensure that contacts is toggled on. Save and exit. You may need to close and reopen the app to start the sync. Hope this helps.

2016-01-22.png

Glifford

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
Check to make sure that contact sync is enabled. Open the Mail app, and click on the Settings cog. Go to Manage Account and select the account you need to check. From the Account Settings page, click on "Change mailbox sync settings". You should see a page with Sync Options toggles for email, calendar and contacts. Ensure that contacts is toggled on. Save and exit. You may need to close and reopen the app to start the sync. Hope this helps.

Tried this, funnily I do not see the option for Contacts and Calendar under the Outlook.com account as below:

wp_ss_20160404_0001.png

It however shows up for my other mail accounts like Gmail!

wp_ss_20160404_0002_Masked.png

When I upgraded from WP 8.1 to WM10 (through Insider, release candidate) all my contacts existed. However I did a Backup - Hard Reset - Restore and I find some contacts missing. Strange.

Using a Nokia Lumia 1020 now upgraded to WM10 10.0.10586.164 through Insider.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12