Windows 10 Phone - Exchange your settings are out of date, what can I do?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Windows 10 Phone - Exchange your settings are out of date

Hi All. Any hint please, how to get rid of this annoying message (before I change phone...), every half hour or so, I see notification, and can hear sound, about out of date settings for my work exchange, I was changing time to manual (as found somewhere), I'm on stable WIFI, same on 3G. All upgraded to recent, Outlook and OS. I removed all exchange settings, recreated them again, also used username as user@domain ... nothing helps.

bpsmicro

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Is SSL enabled on your Exchange server? Is it a self-signed cert? And if so, have you properly installed the cert on your phone? You can force the mail app to bypass SSL errors to get your mail, but it'll still complain. It's just that the error message isn't especially informative.

bpsmicro

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Normally I'd expect an SSL cert signed by a known authority to just work. But if your organization has Outlook Web Access enabled as well, open the browser on your phone and browse to your OWA https: site. If you get an SSL warning in the browser, that's probably your problem. The mail app doesn't really warn (in a useful way).

You can also have your Exchange Admini check your account on the server to see if there's anything untoward on your mobile device page. On Exchange 2013 & 2016 (not sure about 2010 and older) the system keeps track of all your mobile devices, and whether they've been granted access to the server. Sometimes things can go awry and the administrator needs to tweak stuff to get it working again. It may also be some obscure server-side security policy that the phone doesn't (or can't) comply with, but normally I'd expect a different error on your end.

Brad.

miodzicho

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
I just visited our OWA. Certificate is fine, no warning on website. I have no problems using on Android or iphone (tried both), only my Lumia with W10 is complaining. It seems also, I can receive and send emails, even this notification shows up.

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
I had this issue on my Lumia 920 with Windows 8.1 and Windows 10. It is a badly installed or corrupted install of Mail app during OS upgrade. You will have to reinstall the OS as you cannot uninstall this app.

A reinstall of the OS corrected the issue for me.

dave_456

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
I had this problem with my outlook.com and Hotmail accounts. To fix it I chose fix account and followed the prompts to re-enter the login details. This didn't fix it, to fix it I had to choose fix account a second time, then for some unknown reason it asked for my pin for the phone, after entering this it has worked perfectly ever since.

miodzicho

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Phone - Exchange your settings are out of date

I did factory reset. When finished i went into store and upgraded all apps first. Then configured exchange,hotmail and gmail account. Over night phone was flooded with out of date notifications ,every half hour. Luckily I turned on night mode...

Hamadahussein

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Phone - Exchange your settings are out of date

Here is the solution:
The problem is mainly because you used a not-proper email address when setting up you phone at the first use! ...
A proper email address would be someone@outlook.com or someone@hotmail.com
Do not use someone@live.com, it will produce this annoying warning!
So, why you need to do now is:
1- factory reset your phone as a first step.
2- setup a Hotmail.com or an outlook.com mail address when the phone askes you about your identity and who are you..

3- when setting up your work mail you need to choose advanced settings >>> internet mail >> pop3 or imap and input all your details manually... For user name you need to put the full email address.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon