Why am I unable to uninstall Audible?

ThermoDust

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Unable to uninstall Audible

Audible started to crash a lot while downloading a new book. I rebooted the phone and it still crashed so I decided to remove and reinstall the app. I told it to uninstall and it "did" but the icon still shows in the all apps menu, says installed in the store, and the icon on the start menu is still there. If I try and uninstall it again it "lets" me but the app remains. Storage is the only place that it isn't listed. Any way to fix this without formating the phone?

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Re: Unable to uninstall Audible

Audible started to crash a lot while downloading a new book. I rebooted the phone and it still crashed so I decided to remove and reinstall the app. I told it to uninstall and it "did" but the icon still shows in the all apps menu, says installed in the store, and the icon on the start menu is still there. If I try and uninstall it again it "lets" me but the app remains. Storage is the only place that it isn't listed. Any way to fix this without formating the phone?
I keep getting this issue. from what I understand, it has file parts leftover in 'other' and there is no fix other than a hard reset. The star wars game "Rebels" is doing this to me now. The game is gone from my app list, but my other jumped up 1.5gb and the apps I listed as installed in the store. Im not resetting my phone again because of this issue, though.

Captain_Eric

Dec 31, 2007
Visit site

Or maybe try a soft reset first. Can't hurt. Hard reset is a big pain, as we all know. Keep us posted. I'm a big Audible / Kindle user. By the way, what device, want build?

ThermoDust

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site

I am not 100% sure what a soft reset is. I always assumed that was just a simple reboot. I did however end of restoring my phone through the about section in the settings. 640 latest fast ring build.

Captain_Eric

Dec 31, 2007
Visit site
I am not 100% sure what a soft reset is. I always assumed that was just a simple reboot. I did however end of restoring my phone through the about section in the settings. 640 latest fast ring build.

Good question. Soft reset: Hold down "volume down" and "on/off" keys until it vibrates, at least that how it's done on my 1520. I'm not sure what it does, maybe clears out the cache.

After your hard reset, did it fix Audible?

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

I had the same problem with Lumia Help+Tips. In my case the file got duplicated somehow. I uninstalled the app and the duplicate icon refused to uninstall. Nothing helped including an OS update. The only fix was to do a hardware reset.

This crap reminds me of the Windows XP days, except that back then I always had a way to delete those stray files.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium