Weather on W10 lock screen?

jdeangoldstein

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
Coming from WP8.1, I miss the ability to have weather populate the lock screen so I can quickly see temps and daily forecast.

I have looked into this on W10 mobile but am not seeing how to enable despite having the stock weather app available and ready. Anyone know how to enable this? Thanks!

Cruachan 11

Aug 24, 2015
Visit site
Update on this, it seems that Universal Apps are the problem. MSN Weather is now a UA, and there are 2 versions of Accuweather. The old one works, the new UA does not.

PPCFreak

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I havent used the stock lock screen since day one of W10M on insider on my L928.

Have always used Awesome Lock and weather has always worked on it.
Not sure what source Awesome lock uses for weather but it generally seems to be within a few degrees of MSN Weather for my local

smf98aggie

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Is there an option to do a transparent tile for the new MSN Weather on W10? I can't find it, and that makes no since that MSFT wouldn't allow that.

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I've upvoted every feedback suggestion pertaining to this issue. That is one of the biggest things I miss since updating to Windows 10. It was so much more convenient than waking the phone, entering my PIN, then either opening the weather app or waiting for the live tile to flip around to show me the pertinent information.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa