Crossroad help?

oljo01

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi!
Can a modrerator move this if its posted in the wrong forum.

I have used Windows phone since wp 7.

I had a 920 for years and i am now on a 830.

I LOVE everything about the phone exept the app problems.
I dont care about snapchat or other "teen" apps.

But i do miss "quality" apps.

My wife has a iphone and my kids uses android tabs and the quality on apps are much better on there device.
There are a lot of apps thats not on WP iet and that have started to bother me.

So to why i started this thread.
I am considering a new phone,
I am not sure if i will choose a WP this time, i am considering a galaxy 6 edge because of the "app gap"
Microsoft have a lot of good quality apps on android that i am currently using on my 830 so onedrive, outlook, onenote, groove music ect is covered if i go over.

But i know i will miss the WP quality, i love the tiles, last time i tested a andoird galaxy 3 it was a lag feast and i missed WP so much that i bought a wp 2 days later and sold the galaxy.

What would you guys do?
Hang one with a 950 or 950xl or jump to android for a while in the hopes for better apps on WP? (no i will not use a iphone, because i HATE apple)

Best regards!
Olaf

Last edited:

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Modern Android phones apparently don't lag as much as they used to. If apps are the main problem for you, then I'd jump boat and get the Android.

Any hopes for great apps in Windows 10 Mobile is going to be a long wait.

Tien-Lin Chang

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
I guess it's better to move on to android solve your app gap first then wait and see how W10M goes....

Anyway if you really miss the tile UI there are launchers for you to use like launcher 8
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lx.launcher8&hl=zh_TW

It might not covering all the original WP8 UI function but it has more thing can be tuned personalization like each tile can have it's own color, font color...etc

So you have similar look and qullity apps at same time.

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to our world! LOL. There has been a bit of action, and I mean a bit. MSFT did release some snippets and a guide for iOS developers to port their apps in a relatively easy manner. I haven't heard of much, if any, take up because of this.

The Android porting system has been stuffed back in a drawer somewhere. The rug was definitely pulled from under that project.

There have been a few notable apps appearing that were ported from android. Sky, in the UK, have released a couple of nice ones that work really well, if sport is your thing. Some updates have been received badly by users, due to the fact that, as seems to be the norm, they are poor imitations compared to droid or crapple apps.

With regards to the lagfest you experienced on droid, been there to. I uses to help cook roms for the note series. Yes, a 3 would run the 4 rom, but no matter how light you made it, dumping Samdungs bloat etc, it was always laggy, or wouldn't run as you would expect for a device with good specs.

I guess we need to sit tight and see what happens. With crapple experiencing problems with sales of their overpriced devices, who knows where things will end up. If a company has phone cases designed so that their logo has to be shown, I'm not interested. Fashionable tech isn't my bag. I'm not a fashionista.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon