How to stop videos from auto playing in Microsoft Edge pc?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Microsoft Edge includes a built-in Flash plug-in. To disable it, click the menu button in Edge and select Settings. Scroll down to the bottom of the Settings panel and click "View advanced settings." Set the "Use Adobe Flash Player" slider to "Off."

Hope this works :/

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Pretty sure he (I hope he's a he) is using a PC... To continue.. Unfortunately the edge browser does not support the requested feature just yet. If the edge team could hurry up and allow us to use extensions life would be so much more beautiful

edit: and yes obviously the flash trick will only work for videos that require flash

mjperry51

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Pretty sure he (I hope he's a he) is using a PC... To continue.. Unfortunately the edge browser does not support the requested feature just yet. If the edge team could hurry up and allow us to use extensions life would be so much more beautiful

edit: and yes obviously the flash trick will only work for videos that require flash
It's strange that CNN Web videos don't autoplay for me on the desktop. . . I know they do on my phone

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
It's strange that CNN Web videos don't autoplay for me on the desktop. . . I know they do on my phone

and the w10 weirdness continues :D can you think of any settings you changed or maybe you used one of those ad blockers lists for edge?

Madam ImAdam

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I'm using my (slowing crippling) win10 laptop, I've been trying to use Edge exclusively for the most part, but find that I still have to rely on other browsers (hello Firefox) to get work done. Microsoft is testing my patience with their slow pace to resolve/update certain critical features. (It feels like the win10m TP has been on a trial basis for a really LONG time).

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I still use chrome for everything but checking mails which I have delegated to Edge, just so that I can still use it for sth. Really like it as a browser, but as long as the edge team don't give us extensions support, I can't use it as my main browser

cincykid76

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Funny thing... The only time I use Edge is when collecting my Bing rewards points from chrome and I'm asked to collect that one point by using Edge... It's literally the only time I use it... It's that horrible!

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Funny thing... The only time I use Edge is when collecting my Bing rewards points from chrome and I'm asked to collect that one point by using Edge... It's literally the only time I use it... It's that horrible!

Come on, it's not that bad lol give it a shot or at least use it for some light browsing? From what I gather usage is down, which might also explain why it's taking the team forever to get features out? then again the browser is tied to the OS so any updates to it would come with an update to the entire OS.

cincykid76

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Come on, it's not that bad lol give it a shot or at least use it for some light browsing? From what I gather usage is down, which might also explain why it's taking the team forever to get features out? then again the browser is tied to the OS so any updates to it would come with an update to the entire OS.
Sorry, I really gave it a shot for awhile. I just can't use it... And the mobile version is not good as well Imo. Unfortunately we're kinda stuck with it, but I much rather preferred the old mobile IE... Much smoother and rendered better as well... Again just my 2 cents

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Sorry, I really gave it a shot for awhile. I just can't use it... And the mobile version is not good as well Imo. Unfortunately we're kinda stuck with it, but I much rather preferred the old mobile IE... Much smoother and rendered better as well... Again just my 2 cents

I understand ya pain matey. Really do have grievances against both of the browsers and I let MS know about it at every turn lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs