Anti-burn-in navigation bar feature missing on W10M

Cosmyc

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site
In WP8.1 if the phone had on screen keys after ~30 seconds no using them (the icons and the bar), they will become more greyish each other to reduce the high contrast between black and white to clear grey and dark grey and therefore preventing burn-in, BUT this feature it's missing in W10M and on my 950 I'm starting to see a slightly nav bar icons burn-in but only if I try to look for it in purpose, it's very difficult to see but it's there.

And I'm getting worried that due to the lack of that feature it will get worse over time.

I have sent feedback on the app but I'm writing this here because I can't see anyone noticing it.

Cosmyc

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site
@andreilupen
The "feature" I'm talking about it's not present on W10M.
@STALKER-SVK
640 doesn't have an AMOLED display, it's not enough to see it on a photo.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
L640 no burn in yet, post photo how visible it is at your device

IPS displays don't get burn in as far as I have heard, that's more of an AMOLED thing., i.e. the OP's device.

Oh, pretty much what @Cosmyc said. I should have read the whole thread before replying.

deepak12345

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
In that case the first place on screen to get burn ins should be the place were the battery,network and time are displayed.maybe ur just caring too much and ur simply seeing it?

Cosmyc

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site
View attachment 121833View attachment 121834
Lumia 735
OS 10....71
not saying for the sake of arguing .. but is there

My fault, now I see that it's on the Lumia 735 BUT it's not present on my Lumia 950 and 950XL, that's my complaint. Why on the 735 and not on the others?

@STALKER-SVK
As I said the burn-in in my 950 is barely noticeable even for me, but I'm complaining for the absence of that "feature" the 735 has to prevent it for example.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
just microsoft being microsoft, all you can do is manually hide them for now, im sure they most likely dont even know or care about this, same as double tap to wake etc

Cosmyc

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site
just microsoft being microsoft, all you can do is manually hide them for now, im sure they most likely dont even know or care about this, same as double tap to wake etc

Only if I could manually hide it in every app... you can't always hide it depending on the app. Windows Central app is an example.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077