Remote desktop need help: how to connect to a pc which uses wifi shared from a cellphone?

peter leung 10586

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
remote desktop need help: how to connect to a pc which uses wifi shared from a cellphone?

as title.

i have a windows phone, installed the microsoft remote desktop app.

i have a pc, which is running win 10 pro and uses wifi shared from an android phone.

the windows phone and the pc use the same microsoft account.

if my windows phone and my pc use the same wifi network shared from the android phone, the remote desktop works easily. their ip address' look like 192.168.1.xxx something. the android phone is 192.168.1.1.

but, if i am not at home, i.e., not using the wifi shared from my android phone, how can i connect to my pc with my windows phone? what are the settings?

i know the public ip address of the android phone.

please help. many thanks.

peter leung 10586

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
Re: remote desktop need help: how to connect to a pc which uses wifi shared from a cellphone?

tried but no luck. which port should i use for the android phone? i installed port forwarder in the android phone. it shows the public ip of the android phone and the private ip of the pc. it also shows the port used at the android phone and the port used at the pc. i googled about this topic and know that the port used at the pc should be 3389. i checked and confirmed this in the registry in the pc. but what's the port used at the android phone? the default value 8080 seems not working. please help. many thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon