Continuum question

TChrist

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm an iPhone user and have been for years. I use a Surface Pro 3 as my daily driver at work. I'm looking to get out of iOS and the most compelling thing I've seen is Continuum.

This is a question for someone who has used Continuum and has a compatible phone(I am thinking of picking up the 950XL).

Could I use Exel to create an invoice or quote using a Continuum dock in my truck(I already have a monitor in my truck), print it to a PDF and have the customer sign it on the phone. I would also need to email this signed copy.

Possible? Other Windows Phone options?

Manfred Pohler

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

even without Continuum you can use Excel to create an invoice.
Printing is also "Continuum independant".

So with or without Continuum you'll get a PDF on your phone.
But how to sign it?

For this (I don't know if there is already an app which alows something like this - make a graphical not on an existing PDF) you wold need a kind of "PDF Editing app" which can place the "signature" (which has to be captured somehow) on the invoice (PDF).

queentut16

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
You can print your excel invoice to pdf (looks like it requires an internet connection), then open up the pdf in an appropriate app (xodo would work) for the signature, save and share by email.

Definitely all possible. The signature part might be the clumsiest bit as you'll have to select the appropriate pen tool first.

Manfred Pohler

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
With the "Office Lens" app after you print the invoice and the custome signs it you snap a pic with the app and convert it into a pdf then email it.
blogs.office.com/2014/03/17/office-lens-a-onenote-scanner-for-your-pocket/
I guess the intention is to do a "virtual signing" -- ...have the customer sign it on the phone.... - not to print on real paper.

By the way - "electronic signing" requires a lot of "infrastructure" to be "legal" (accepted by Tax office and so forth).
At least in Austria such a "BMP - handwritten signature" does not fulfill the law.

TChrist

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
With my SP3 i have downloaded an extension that allows me to print to PDF. I think its fantastic that Excel on mobile will do this out of the box. For whatever reason I've never tried it. I then use Microsoft's Reader app for signatures. I am able to save and send right from the app. I'd just like to not have to take my Surface on the road if I didn't have to.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon