Why am I unable to open images in the photos app and many more apps are failing to start?

shoaib9

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Ubable to open images in the photos app and many more apps are failing to start.

When I open an image on my windows 10 PC it fails to open in the photos app and force closes the app and shows the message "file system error (-2145042388)". Some other apps like Adobe Reader touch, Mail & Calendar, Calculator and many more are also not opening. When I connect the PC to Internet it works and all apps open but with a delay. What could be the problem and what is its solution?

orlbuckeye

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
Re: Ubable to open images in the photos app and many more apps are failing to start.

I have issues with the mail app and camera. I just downloaded 3rd party apps until MS fixes. The funny thing is every once in awhile the mail & camera apps work and then the store app doesn't work. When I reboot the it goes back to the store working and camera and mail not working. I'm using Touch Mail instead of the Windows 10 mail app. I know some people won't use because it have the name touch but both the pen and the mouse word to view or delete emails.

I like to use Outlook for my main POP3 account and modern app for IMAP (google, Yahoo and AOL) accounts. Also I have a Surface Book.

shoaib9

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: Ubable to open images in the photos app and many more apps are failing to start.

can it be solved through updates?

orlbuckeye

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
It may be but your not guaranteed the next one will fix it. What I did was I download the Photoshop Express and set that as my default photo app. That solved the problem. Thats what I do with any Windows 10 app that has problems. I download an equivalent app from the store.