Need help before I go nuts with Windows Store

Sunstorming

May 23, 2015
Visit site
Is anyone at all able to answer the following questions about Windows Store for Mobile 10 - and note these problems are on two different phones, a 640 and a 1520, running the newest Windows 10 build:

ON the 640 -- 5 items are always stuck. Always. If you have it set to store apps on "This Device" it fails with an error, and if you click that error, no report is given as it just tries to download it again, to give an error. If you have the phone set to store apps on your SD card, it asks you to override and save to your storage device, where it tries to download and fail. These apps are:
Gestures & Touch
Lumia Motion Data
Equaliser
Lumia Help + tips (US)
Rate Your Device

also of note, 3 times now this phone has asked me to re-enter my password, both in the store and in Cortana setting up reminders. I have not had to do this on my neither my other phone, PC or Surface.

On the 1520 - Same scenario with the 640, except different apps will not download, funny enough it's still 5 apps in number:
Hey Cortana
CallSMSFilter
Rate Your Device
Gestures & Touch
Lumia Motion Data

Can someone please give me a heads up as to why this simple process is so friggin hard and touchy??? Anyone?? These phones have (1) been hard reset (2) not restored from backup

Please any insight would be great it is driving me nuts.

Rugish Dapeca

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
As I've replied in a few other threads: This is because, for some reason, the apps in question got installed to the SD card storage, and the store will only update them if they are installed to the phone's internal storage. So you need to use the Storage app to move those apps from the SD card to the phone's storage first, then you can go back into the store and update them.

It doesn't matter if you've changed the storage setting to save apps to the phone's storage, if you don't move the apps you will just keep getting the same error.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Is anyone at all able to answer the following questions about Windows Store for Mobile 10 - and note these problems are on two different phones, a 640 and a 1520, running the newest Windows 10 build:

ON the 640 -- 5 items are always stuck. Always. If you have it set to store apps on "This Device" it fails with an error, and if you click that error, no report is given as it just tries to download it again, to give an error. If you have the phone set to store apps on your SD card, it asks you to override and save to your storage device, where it tries to download and fail. These apps are:
Gestures & Touch
Lumia Motion Data
Equaliser
Lumia Help + tips (US)
Rate Your Device

also of note, 3 times now this phone has asked me to re-enter my password, both in the store and in Cortana setting up reminders. I have not had to do this on my neither my other phone, PC or Surface.

On the 1520 - Same scenario with the 640, except different apps will not download, funny enough it's still 5 apps in number:
Hey Cortana
CallSMSFilter
Rate Your Device
Gestures & Touch
Lumia Motion Data

Can someone please give me a heads up as to why this simple process is so friggin hard and touchy??? Anyone?? These phones have (1) been hard reset (2) not restored from backup

Please any insight would be great it is driving me nuts.

If you are lucky you can uninstall those apps using the storage app, change save location to internal then reinstall them using sysapp pusher.

Sunstorming

May 23, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the ideas. None of them worked however; the apps supposedly are not installed anywhere that I can find on the phone or SD card to uninstall. Annoying to say the least.

Captain_Eric

Dec 31, 2007
Visit site
What build are you on? .107 or earlier?

And, by the way, if yes, remember you are in beta-land. Expect bugs. If you find yourself excessively annoyed, considering going back to 8.1. Otherwise, welcome to the fast lane!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs