Time error on 930

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Hi all, I don't know if this is a known fault but my time is an hour out. I'm in the UK on GMT/UTC and phone loses an hour now and then. I enter time manually and leave it, but on auto it drops back again.

I have tried seeing whether it's a network problem, but my 950xl doesn't do it, on same network. At the moment it's on auto and it has just jumped to the correct time. Very strange. Any ideas??

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
A similar thing happened to me recently on my 930.
The time went off by a half hour or so and I was late getting up for work when my alarm went off.
I did a soft reset.
I'm running Win 10 build .71 on my phone and it definitely appears slightly more buggy than the previous two builds.
Not massively buggy by any means, but I have had the odd reboot and this time issue (only happened once though).

Last edited:

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Happened again on my L930 (2nd time). Did u ever hard reset after installing .71? If I can't fix its a bit of a deal breaker as this is my main phone and use it for alarm for work.

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Hi charlatan, yes it has happened again. Been ok for a day or so then did it again :( I am not sure what is going on. I now have to keep signing in as well. 8.1 until the next TP. Shame. Did loads of resets! No joy.

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi, thanks for your reply. Just to check you did a hard reset? Also if you leave the time manually set is it ok? I've just changed it from auto to manual and I was hoping to leave it as a temp fix until the next build comes out.

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Just been into the Windows Feedback app and there are numerous reports of the time being out by an hour, from different parts of the world.

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Just been into the Windows Feedback app and there are numerous reports of the time being out by an hour, from different parts of the world.

I looked on there a little while ago and saw that it wasn't just me. I have left mine auto and for now it is self adjusting on it's own. I have noticed that it affects lock screen some times. I always though time etc was picked up by web or service provider.

Yes I have reset, both hard and soft, many times

Rugish Dapeca

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
Might be a silly question, but for those having this issue do you live anywhere near the borders between time zones? I ask because the though occurred to me that perhaps the location service thinks you are moving between time zones and is adjusting your clock automatically. I'm living pretty much dead center of my timezone, and I have not seen this problem on my phone at all.

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
I'm in UK, South Wales and I don't believe I am near a border of time zones. The problem only happened with build .71 and hasn't done it since I updated to .107.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa