How to get NVidia driver in windows 10

Hamza Waseem

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Hello all. I'm running the latest build of windows 10 on my dell latitude e6510. Yeah, it's an old beast (2010 I think), but it runs pretty well, because I clean installed windows. I don't have any problems or issues with it, apart from the fact that I only had intel graphics on it. When I had window 7 on it, both intel and NVidia graphics worked. After the update and a clean install, I don't see the NVidia graphics anywhere. The model is supposed to have NVidia nvs 3100m, but I can't install the drivers, because they not appear in windows update nor am I able to install them manually from either dell or NVidia's site. This is worrying for me, because I do some light AutoCAD, and can really use that graphics boost. Nothing on the web seems to work. Any help?

Hamza Waseem

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for your reply and links. unfortunately, the same thing happened

Screenshot (36).png

I just don't understand it. why cant by gpu be detected. is there some special mode that needs to be entered???

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
That's strange. Probably because the graphics card is already old? My Samsung PC is also relatively old, but not as old (it's running NVidia 520MX). There are two things you can try:
- install it in safe mode (windows installer doesn't run in Safe Mode, but NVidia may be using a different pathway);
- report this issue in the Windows Feedback app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon