Sudden changes to desktop, and files (Windows 10)

HaydenCorneau

Feb 12, 2016
Visit site
Okay, so last night, I was playing Pillars Of Eternity, and I finished playing, and saved. The morning, afterwards, I awoke to find my desktop changed, and my icons were reverted to a previous setting. All changes I made, beforehand, were gone. I booted up Pillars, expecting to see my save files, and I didn't. They were gone. I looked everywhere, and I saw nothing. I don't know why this happened. I'm seriously frustrated with this.

Initially, after I upgraded, and I assumed that all my files were gone for good, and I reorganized my desktop, and worked around the file deletions, and whatnot. But now, everything is different. My computer is basically what it was, before these files were gone. So basically, all the stuff I did, after these files were supposed deleted, is gone.
I'm frustrated, because there was a save file, in Pillars of Eternity, that carried a good 15 hours of progress, and everything on the game is gone. I can't find any data. Save data was stored in the "Game saves" directory, and all of the save data for that particular area has disappeared.
I'm seriously irritated, and I would love to know if these files were permanently deleted. Any way to get them back?

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I actually experienced something similar yesterday when I woke up. But the issue was my whole login was gone and it was another email of mine that became a default. I lost all of my files and had to recreate my main email as my login and Make it administrator. I lost some files too.

I'd assume windows updated itself and along the way did not know my login

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077