Store issue: cannot complete payment on purchasing an app, both mobile and PC

calinetz

Feb 12, 2016
Visit site
Hello all,

The behavior is similar on both mobile (Lumia 950) and PC (Surface Pro 4): I want to purchase an app -> enter password -> redirected to the payment method selection page (where I can briefly see my credit card details) -> the page is closed and I'm returned to the Store where the purchase button is still available. On the mobile I just updated the Store app to the latest version and I'm part of the slow ring.

Is there somebody else having same issue? Any solution?

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
I had a similar problem. MS support then figured that it is because my phone language, region and account settings don't match. I had everything set to US for Cortana, so when i changed back it let me purchase both on my SP4 and L930. Check online in your account if the adress is correct, and if it matches your phone/surface.

I would try that first, and have no other ideas :D

IzaacJ

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
I have phone, desktop, tablet and xbox one all set to US even though im in europe. No issues purchasing on either device. My guess, not region issues. Try a restore on the pc and a factory reset on the phone (after backing everything up ofc!) and see if that resolves it.

FiJPM

Feb 10, 2016
Visit site
Same here
Payment options are flashed, but I can not complete the purchase. Same in my desktop and SP3 Pro.
MS don`t get my money at the moment.

djSupport

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Just heard a song here in UK found this topic as I'm having same problem buying that song, all my settings are set to UK as per standard install. Exactly same issue payment screen is showing them closing straight after loading..

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Ok i just wanted to complete an in app purchase on my phone, which previously worked, but now the store opens, i can see my payment info and no matter if i click on "purchase" button or not, the store crashes. I have tried different app purchases and it does the same. Is there another way to make an in app purchase? I have checked in the store and there is no such option... Only from the app itself...

YKinase

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I was just trying to purchase Lara Croft Go, on sale for $.99. Same thing, payment option flashes and then returns to store app, unpurchased. Same thing on Lumia 950 and Suface Pro 3. I have location set to US.

LarsCor

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Ah, I was wondering if it was just me... apparently not. Having the same issue on Lumia 950 XL and Surface Pro 3. Both are set to US, for Cortana, although I live in the Netherlands. Surface set to The Netherlands and to Dutch, just in case, no effect.

I deleted my credit card as payment option. Then I could add a new payment option trough the store during the purchase, but as soon as I added paypal, the screen flashed and it was gone :( Lets hope they find a fix soon, want to buy Lara Croft Go while it still in sale.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs