Why not lightweight calendar as part of Windows?

dermbrian

Aug 7, 2015
Visit site
For the longest time, I've wished that there was a simple calendar utility available as part of the Windows Operating System. There's a calculator. There's a notepad. But if you want to look up a date in the future or the past, be prepared to load something major.

Is it just me, or do others here think the lack of something like that, release after release after release, seems kind of strange?

Brian

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
For actual calendar events and stuff the Windows 10 Calendar seems light enough.

But I hit the date/time in the taskbar for seeing dates and what day they are on. That brings up a pretty spartan calendar.

dermbrian

Aug 7, 2015
Visit site
I just tried opening the Windows 10 Calendar, and it took about 5 seconds to load to get to the point of wanting me to set it up to link stuff to it. Not what I'm looking for. I use a PIM program (Time & Chaos) for calendar events and 'stuff'. Date/Time in the taskbar is OK, but it would be nice to just tap a key and pull up a navigable calendar. You know, like we did in 1984.....
http://www.danielsays.com/daniel-says-images/dlcc/ssg/dos/sidekick-111c/sidekick-111c-08.gif

Rolandh

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Try My Calendar or One Calendar from the Windows App Store. There are probably more in there as well, but for light weight the best you'll probably get is the basic one when you left click on the Date and Time in the Taskbar (which lets you scroll back and forward through the years one month at a lime, I tend to use it a lot when I need to quickly look up when my Cell Phone bill or other payment is due).

Roland

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes