What if I don't want Windows 10 Mobile just yet?

scolab

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Lumia Icon owner on Verizon. I was an early adopter of W10M on my Icon and gave it every chance I could up through the latest .107 fast ring release. But I ended up rolling back to 8.1 because there were still several bugs that I just couldn't tolerate any longer. Since rolling back, I've come to really appreciate how smooth and bug free 8.1 really is compared to 10.

With W10M sounding closer and closer (Feb 29?), will us 8.1 users be able to stay on 8.1? Will this be an optional update much like Windows 10 for computers has been so far? Or will I wake up one morning to an automatically updated Icon?

Last edited:

scolab

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I have disabled automatic updates And I'm also hoping that we would still have the ability to roll back to 8.1 if we found 10 to be lacking in features.

The only two features that I had issues with were bluetooth connectivity to my car and the quiet times automatically being enabled based on busy calendar appointments. Battery life sucked too.

hprvez

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
You better keep the last 8.1 rom on your computer, recovery tools will install the latest production version, and when w10 will be released OTA that will be the last build

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos