02-21-2016 01:33 PM
139 12345 ...
tools
    My Suggestion to GabeAul. Release Windows 10 Mobile ROM for all the major Android handsets (Like Xiomi MI4). There by they would get some amount of market share.
    02-19-2016 07:29 AM
    Please respectfully suggest that MSFT figure out a way to release new versions of software when it has at least the same feature set as the old software did. OneDrive changes in W10, Edge Browser's lack of the most basic IE features and moving from WP8.1 to W10 mobile immediately come to mind. I don't know how it can be considered progress to not develop your new OS or application enough on the front end in order to include the features of the older version. I think this simple concept would quell much of the criticism that all Windows users have historically had about MSFT products.
    02-19-2016 07:38 AM
    I have two more suggestions
    1) MSFT needs to get REALLY get serious about advertising their Windows Mobile products. I suggest they hire or buy a very successful advertsing company and blitz the US market because in the last two years, this platform has been completely forgotten.
    2) MSFT PLEASE integrate Windows 10 Mobile and Windows 10 operating system using wireless technologies like WiFi and Bluetooth. I should be able to "see" my Windows phone from my File Explorer on my PC and access it's storage if my devices are on the same wireless network or if I have established a BT link between them. I should be able to send/receive Text messages from my PC to my phone whether it is wirelessly or USB connected to my PC or tablet (when they are in BT range of each other). . I should be make or receive streamed phone calls on my PC as well. Cortana can facilitate this but it should be a core feature of the integration between a WINDOWS PHONE ONLY and Windows 10 PC. I why can't I browse my Windows Server and PC shares on my network natively from my Windows 10 phone. I could do it on my Pocket PC in 2003 so I should be able to do it on my Windows 10 phone without 3rd party apps. MSFT should now focus on making exclusive, must-needed, "can't live without it" features for the Windows ecosystem that will cause people to want to move back to MSFT products. There should be exclusive MSFT Sync features for Windows Phone. I could probably go on all day.
    davebwi likes this.
    02-19-2016 07:52 AM
    oooooh no we do not need this again.
    Striked
    02-19-2016 07:52 AM
    Tell him that when in desktop Edge chashes, so does Explorer.exe, it seems (when that happens, the browser freezes, and you can't open the Star Menu or the File Explorer for a moment).
    02-19-2016 08:14 AM
    Tell him thank you for all of his hard work and putting himself out there on Twitter despite the abuse he sometimes gets.
    That. The guy is patience lord.

Also, he has a lot of patience while he serves as the head of Windows development. The OS looks **** yet he cares not to improve it.
    02-19-2016 08:15 AM
    Just tell him to fire up a WP 8 (NOT 8.1) device, copy the best bits and paste to W10M.
    Sent From my SP3i3
    Ditto. I can't believe there's someone who like 8 more than 8.1. :) You have a nice taste.
    02-19-2016 08:18 AM
    Well you don't need to ask him much, especially when he wants to you meet you'll in the bar...probably that would be after the events to relax. Just thank him and the entire WM dev team (he no longer overseas it officially, he's more of a spokesperson) on our behalf.

One request if you could squeeze in...we would love if he could do an official AMA (he already does that in twitter) for WC.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    02-19-2016 08:26 AM
    I'd say just share a beer and enjoy the time together to chat about something positive, not related to bug fixing W10(M). You're supposed to have fun - could always try and ask about new devices and possible future projects for W10(M).
    pankaj981 and RumoredNow like this.
    02-19-2016 08:32 AM
    Ask him if he thinks Nadella is a mastermind.

And a question for you...any beer recommendations from your region?
    02-19-2016 08:46 AM
    I still use Windows 8.1 as the main phone, even though I have 2 Windows 10 test phones. There are
    features in 8.1 that has not been installed in Windows 10 yet. I hope they didn't lay off the engineers
    that created the features. My main one I miss is being allowed to assign different ringtones to friends,
    including text ringtones. Don't know about you, but I'm still getting calls that I wind up putting on the
    blocked list. With one main ringtone, I can't tell who is calling, when I'm at a park walking and the
    face of the phone can't be seen, because of the sun light. With special ringtones, I can tell who is
    calling me, and answer the phone, even if I can't see the face of the phone, I know the positions of
    where to tap on the phone, without seeing it.
    davebwi likes this.
    02-19-2016 09:20 AM
    Please ask why Visual Voice Mail doesn't work on a dual SIM phone. And ideally when it will. This is an essential business feature. I've not purchased a 950XL in the USA due to this. And the new HP phone looks to be dual SIM too. We know this is not a hardware issue, but an OS one. Please find out when this will be addressed.
    02-19-2016 09:24 AM
    There's nothing you tell him that he likely doesn't already know. You should just have fun and get to know him and not rant to him about problems. That's my 2 cents.
    02-19-2016 09:24 AM
    Please ask him about the possibility of making the Windows Hello ,Iris scanner on The Lumia 950, be able to work with 1 eye.
    My wife is blind in her LEFT eye, her Iris is not prominent in that eye, so the scanner fails, I think other partially blind window users would love to have a one eye option.
    Thanks Dave F . Have Gabe contact me if he wants to beta test .
    02-19-2016 09:27 AM
    Tell him to do 2 of the following things:

1. Release refreshed Lumia 730 and 830 with SD 410 and SD 617 processors and better Camera and 1 more gigs RAM with NO change in design.

2. Hire some developers to develop Windows 10 Paltform Exclusive Games! For Example: Help Shovel Knight devs to port their games to Windows 10 Store as Universal App and make it exclusive. Some light PC games like Undertale, Fiest, Broken Age etc can run on phone easily. MS should make devs to release those games EXCLUSIVELY for Windows Mobile and PC and market them very nicely so that people can easily forget the lack of crApps such as Snapchat and silly games like Clash Of Clans! May be release, 5 new exclusive games every month and maintain the hype!
    02-19-2016 10:14 AM
    Ask him to use a webOS device for a week. Seriously. There are features in W10m that just take way to many taps (eg send someone on the missed call list a text, or the like)
    fatclue_98 likes this.
    02-19-2016 10:19 AM
    Please ask him the possibility of bring back the ME tile or the integration of social networks on windows 10, thats one of the advantage that windows has it, that take a photo will be easy back to touch any place of the screen to take the photos not just to the camera icon,search on cortana or bing the images couldnt download or save it as before without go to the browser or webpage to save the pics, fix the outlook notifications, I put a sound for every time that i receive a mail like in windows phone 8.1 but it`s dont work on windows 10, put more bigger the telephone erase button, integrate on the cam the QR reader, the SMS skyoe integration dont let me responde the skype conversations, fix groove music birng back the artist album photo lyrics, info of the artist, support the app developers to migrate the apps to windows 10 ecosistem to make bigger the windows store for win more new consumers I love Windows in all the devices i want to all love it too
    02-19-2016 10:28 AM
    Politely and cordially ask him if that's an iPhone in his pocket or if he is happy to see you.
    02-19-2016 10:42 AM
    1. Live tile animations are annoying and cause lags..Pl ask him to include an option to have them removed
    2. Browser crashes have to be fixed.
    3. Pl ask him to negotiate with more banks for universal banking apps keeping in mind continuum feature.
    4. Get google apps in winm10. Not impossible eh..
    5. Upgrade wireless feature to improve the experience through miracast in continuum.
    02-19-2016 11:02 AM
    5) can they add a darn stop button to the now playing bar?
    The should just make 'press and hold pause' the 'stop' button. No UI change needed, and tiny backend change. Yeah, tell him that!
    02-19-2016 11:08 AM
    I still use Windows 8.1 as the main phone, even though I have 2 Windows 10 test phones. There are
    features in 8.1 that has not been installed in Windows 10 yet. I hope they didn't lay off the engineers
    that created the features. My main one I miss is being allowed to assign different ringtones to friends,
    including text ringtones. Don't know about you, but I'm still getting calls that I wind up putting on the
    blocked list. With one main ringtone, I can't tell who is calling, when I'm at a park walking and the
    face of the phone can't be seen, because of the sun light. With special ringtones, I can tell who is
    calling me, and answer the phone, even if I can't see the face of the phone, I know the positions of
    where to tap on the phone, without seeing it.
    custom sounds per user for calls and txt are there. staring at it on my 950 as I type.
    go to a contact's profile and edit it (pencil icon) never used the text tone option, but the custom ringtone on a few contacts.

back on topic.... Ask Gabe "WHY DOES AT&T SUCK WITH FIRMWARE UPDATES!!!" while passing him a beer...
    02-19-2016 11:37 AM
    What about the 6 models only plan that Satya was talking about.....
    02-19-2016 11:42 AM
    3 things so that windows phone can beat the crap out of the other two os
    1.Buy or give more support to app developers rather than buying companies
    2. Stop with the crap low end devices and seriously bring the hardware in competition to android unlike the 650 which is nothing but crap
    and bring in mid range affordable devices until you can seriously update and make your wp10 stable as well as worthy
    3. Take the potential of windows phone seriously, because if this year you don't then I will personally give up as well honestly stop recommending about windows phone to others. Its been nearly 2 years and I had my hopes up.
    02-19-2016 11:54 AM
    Tell him Windows Phone is dead.
    02-19-2016 11:54 AM
    I have the 950 XL. It's a beautiful phone, and I've had the 920, 1020, and 1520. It's snappy. W10 runs pretty well on it. But my question is why MS seems to refuse to get behind it and Windows Phone in general? What is the long-term vision for WP in the company?

Why put so much work into it, charge a pretty penny for it, but leave out crucial aspects, such as the metal of the 650. Why is the 650 considered a "business-oriented" phone, but it comes without Continuum? Why release a product that makes non-MS fans feel sorry for you? What is their plan for changing basic perception of the product? Do they have one?
    02-19-2016 12:16 PM
139 12345 ...