I am meeting Gabe Aul: give me ideas!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wpcautobot

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
First, I would suggest a genuine thank you. We here, (assuming mostly Insiders) get the chance like no other Mobile OS folk have. To get to test preview software. Of course they get our help for "free", but we get to really have the chance to get updates fast, faster than any other Mobile OS, even if not fast enough for some people. Then, I would say, lets get the core apps TOP NOTCH, no compromises, make them shine. Show what the OS and phones can do with core apps.... In a consistent way. This, I think is the most important. More important than any new feature. Then, make the user keyboard input first in class, snappy, fluid, consistent, not covering up fields when typing. Lastly, thank him again for being willing to spend time with real folks who use the phones and OS. Don't make the visit with him all complaining; rather positive and realistic. I hope this helps, and good luck. Have fun!

hacer619

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
Ask him why my Lumia 520 power button doesn't work properly. Seriously, if you are going to meet him you're supposed to chill and have fun. Not ask questions and give feedback. You have the feedback back app for a purpose. I bet if you ask Gabe about feedback and new stuff he'll tell you "hold my beer while..."

mprebich

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Why can't W10M do digital audio output, i.e. to be able to use an external DAC for music listening.

Windows phones can't be taken seriously for audio listening without this capability.

Since it has been a feature of Windows for 10+(?) years now, through either digital outputs on MOBO or through USB, and if W10M is using the same core/kernel (whatever), why can't this be easily offered as an option through the microUSB?

Thanks!

Ian_Superfly

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
Ask him if he is happy with the market share of WP/W10M and why any customer should stay with Microsoft phones when all MS apps are available and in at least as good condition on iOS/Android...

And, if he's in the mood of talking, ask him if he knows why Microsoft implemented the region/language lock on Xbox one, plain stupidity or due to Groove?

Last edited:

slimchap

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
I really want to have the ability to run two apps at once (is split screen) on my Lumia device. We can snap 4 apps to the screen of Windows 10 but can only use one at a time on Windows 10 Mobile. Tell him this is 2016 and windows fan needs the split screen on their Lumia devices.

KimRM

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
Better cache management on w10m or atleast include a feature set(by MS) to clean app cache every month or two for every app installed via store.
One important thing is to make w10m bug free to do simple tasks like calling,messaging w/o even needing an update.

This is something I miss. Currently the Pictures- app is nearly 3 GB on my phone in the internal storage, and my guess is it's cache data from browsing the images and videos on OneDrive. I have set pictures and videos to be stored on SD.
Would like to clean that up.

Last edited:

Hermes Negruzzi

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Tell him W10 mobile been in beta for over a year and is still crap w terrible batt life...

^ this is enough, it should spark a conversation worth at least an hour of your time and a transcript for us would be greatly appreciated
I'm not saying you to bash him, but please tell him that the OS is buggy as hell, the design teams did a very poor and soulless job with W10M with all these fugly, hard to access and annoying inconsistencies.

Clive Rennie

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Good Morning ask Gabe Aul what is the next step for Windows Phone, should we expect anything for the fans or an special perks for insiders who test the new builds and give feedback. And last but not least say thank you.

Sathish S N

Jan 20, 2016
Visit site
My Suggestion to GabeAul. Release Windows 10 Mobile ROM for all the major Android handsets (Like Xiomi MI4). There by they would get some amount of market share.

LA6507a

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Please respectfully suggest that MSFT figure out a way to release new versions of software when it has at least the same feature set as the old software did. OneDrive changes in W10, Edge Browser's lack of the most basic IE features and moving from WP8.1 to W10 mobile immediately come to mind. I don't know how it can be considered progress to not develop your new OS or application enough on the front end in order to include the features of the older version. I think this simple concept would quell much of the criticism that all Windows users have historically had about MSFT products.

LA6507a

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
I have two more suggestions
1) MSFT needs to get REALLY get serious about advertising their Windows Mobile products. I suggest they hire or buy a very successful advertsing company and blitz the US market because in the last two years, this platform has been completely forgotten.
2) MSFT PLEASE integrate Windows 10 Mobile and Windows 10 operating system using wireless technologies like WiFi and Bluetooth. I should be able to "see" my Windows phone from my File Explorer on my PC and access it's storage if my devices are on the same wireless network or if I have established a BT link between them. I should be able to send/receive Text messages from my PC to my phone whether it is wirelessly or USB connected to my PC or tablet (when they are in BT range of each other). . I should be make or receive streamed phone calls on my PC as well. Cortana can facilitate this but it should be a core feature of the integration between a WINDOWS PHONE ONLY and Windows 10 PC. I why can't I browse my Windows Server and PC shares on my network natively from my Windows 10 phone. I could do it on my Pocket PC in 2003 so I should be able to do it on my Windows 10 phone without 3rd party apps. MSFT should now focus on making exclusive, must-needed, "can't live without it" features for the Windows ecosystem that will cause people to want to move back to MSFT products. There should be exclusive MSFT Sync features for Windows Phone. I could probably go on all day.

Tom Raccoon

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Tell him that when in desktop Edge chashes, so does Explorer.exe, it seems (when that happens, the browser freezes, and you can't open the Star Menu or the File Explorer for a moment).

Sarveshwar

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
Tell him thank you for all of his hard work and putting himself out there on Twitter despite the abuse he sometimes gets.

That. The guy is patience lord.

Also, he has a lot of patience while he serves as the head of Windows development. The OS looks **** yet he cares not to improve it.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Well you don't need to ask him much, especially when he wants to you meet you'll in the bar...probably that would be after the events to relax. Just thank him and the entire WM dev team (he no longer overseas it officially, he's more of a spokesperson) on our behalf.

One request if you could squeeze in...we would love if he could do an official AMA (he already does that in twitter) for WC.

Narathan

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I'd say just share a beer and enjoy the time together to chat about something positive, not related to bug fixing W10(M). You're supposed to have fun - could always try and ask about new devices and possible future projects for W10(M).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea