I am meeting Gabe Aul: give me ideas!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Junaid Nk

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
Windows Hello ( IRIS ) on phones should have timer capabilities as well. Just like the lock code which lets you set the time for re-entering the code after 30 seconds, 1 min etc., IRIS should also have that. I don't want to stare at my phone every minute. If there was a function where it would check for my eyes after a minute or 3 minutes, well and good for me. Saves the battery!

MelynxCCC

Nov 18, 2015
Visit site
Instead of asking about bug fixes (which I am pretty sure they are aware of already), why not ask him a broad question that can cover everything in a concise manner?
In other words, ask him something along the lines of "Why is Microsoft not providing a first class experience for its own apps on Windows devices?".

If he wants to continue chatting, I would personally want to ask him why they don't just move the hamburger button to the right side of the screen on mobile devices so it's easier to reach. There is an overwhelming percentage of people unhappy with the hamburger not because its ugly (even though it is) but because it's hard to reach.

Uttamkhatri

Feb 19, 2016
Visit site
1. USB connection with Windows 10 PC and Windows 10 phone, allow to copy files to and from each other.
2. USB Internet tethering - To and from both way as needed
3. Allow android Apps to be ran with Project Astoria.
Example don't allow back-ground work access to android apps to save battery and secure data, but allow to lauch app when needed, as don't expect that in 1 yr every next tea maker will make windows 10 app, though we might reach 2 billion pc mark.
4. either allow all apps to be stored on SD or move windows OS image to SD! out of 8 GB, 7 GB is always eaten by OS and APPs and rest is for windows update! when I will get chance to see my phone memory !!
5. Music (Groove)
Let it auto fetch PIC ART (slideshow if found multiple) for give song, don't depend on MP3 creator to always embed correct images related to songs.
6. Visualization : When we will get chance to see Visualization! it may happen that SoC might not support it, but there can be work-arrounds to show it, example scanning MP3 song and creating Visualization file in cache, whenever song is played, based on its position, we can play it !!!
7. In Explorer allow to use wild card to select files
8. Allow one drive folder also be available in file Explorer (windows 10 Mobile)
9. Why I cant see thumbnails in windows explorer !!! I need to use Photos App to see pictures !! but what shall I move from one folder to another is not possible without thumbnail !!!

Tired !! so many bugs to remember..

Also thank him and his complete team for hardwork..

We have already passed elephant out of room, just a tail is pending, lets take a decade to fix it!!:winktongue::winktongue::winktongue:

rav4kar

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Ask him to,
1.Leave W10Mobile UI as static icons instead of live tiles and 3rd party support for UI like launchers in Android
2.Make Edge browser standalone app
3.Why MS packs yesteryear's hardware/SoC's, etc., even in today's new phones

davebwi

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
custom sounds per user for calls and txt are there. staring at it on my 950 as I type.
go to a contact's profile and edit it (pencil icon) never used the text tone option, but the custom ringtone on a few contacts.

back on topic.... Ask Gabe "WHY DOES AT&T SUCK WITH FIRMWARE UPDATES!!!" while passing him a beer...

Text doesnt work on lumia 950....try it

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
- Be nice. After all, he's there to meet the fans, not to be berated by them.
- Set expectations. He will probably answer technical questions but won't reveal any major secrets or strategies

TechnoStud

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
My question for Gabe Aul is specifically regarding the People App. For those using Office 365 or Exchange, does he know that the People app will only sync with the default Contacts folder? iOS and Android have allowed all Contacts folders to sync on their devices for years. We're Windows users, so we've become used to taking the back seat to Android and iOS in many areas, but here's why this missing capability is so interesting...

1) CEO Nadella stood up last year and proclaimed the best experience for Microsoft services would be on Windows. Well, that's clearly not the case here.
2) Microsoft wants to go after the business market with Windows Phone. The biggest user of multiple Contact folders in Exchange is probably businesses. Thinking about our business, we have different contact folders for various type of customers, vendors, and even personal contacts such as family and friends. It's frustrating not being able to sync all of those contacts to our phones. A contact list / address book is one of the most basic features of a phone. It blows my mind that this feature is lacking.

I would just love to hear if Gabe Aul is even aware of this, and for some kind of explanation why this hasn't had a higher priority. This problem dates back to WINDOWS MOBILE and POCKET PC days. That's how crazy this that! We're talking about a Microsoft client NOT being able to tap into data on a Microsoft Server such as Exchange. OK, I need to take some drink. ;)

Thanks a bunch.

mkKozak

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
I would ask him if it is possible that they would make some Windows 10 Mobile code available as GitHub source, so skilled users could contribute in developing and enhancing the system.

mrbill66

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Ask when they will fix Stuck Start button, stuck task bar items not run. There are 14 pages of threads over on 10 forums about issue, been issue since first release of win 10

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I feel more sorry for Mr.Aul by the minute.

It's apparent to me that he can't even have a social occasion without users wanting to hammer him.

I change my vote. Forget laying off Twitter. Just meet him at the door and tell him, "Run! It's like the Zombiepocolypse is waiting for you in here!"

image.png

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Neither Gabel nor Microsoft give a flip about what people like me have to say. Windows 10 is proof of that.
Im not sure what your "say" is. It does seem like they "throw the baby out with the bath water" so they can start over and over again with a nice clean "empty" tub. I wish they would listen to us, and keep the good things of WP7, WP8, and WP8.1. Stop copying google. Finish the fit and finish of W10M and then "advertise" it.

Best Wishes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs