I am meeting Gabe Aul: give me ideas!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bemiquel

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I am lucky to live in Barcelona, where the Mobile World Congress is held every year. Gabriel Aul has posted on twitter that he will be meeting us insiders on a bar, so I will be going and I would like to get some ideas of what would be the major feedback coming from the WCentral community.
I feel like I have so many ideas and feedback and things to talk about with him and the rest of the Microsoft team that will be there, but I usually am a bit messy when it comes to writing down those things.

So feel free to give me your ideas, lists, suggestions or feedback that you think must be heard! Please be it specific things, not just "make Windows 10 Mobile snappier". The first thing I'll do myself is congratulate him for his work on twitter and the enormous patience he has with some of the most passionate tech-communities I've seen :p

Let me know guys!

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Please ask him why there are so many variants of every Lumia. With the 950/950XL, Microsoft missed an opportunity to make one firmware/OS image per hardware model instead of the hundreds they ended up doing. It's got to be a lot of work keeping up with them all, resources that could be better used for something more productive.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Please ask him why there are so many variants of every Lumia. With the 950/950XL, Microsoft missed an opportunity to make one firmware/OS image per hardware model instead of the hundreds they ended up doing. It's got to be a lot of work keeping up with them all, resources that could be better used for something more productive.

because carriers

Cosmyc

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site
Say about the missing dimmed grey nav bar on 950/XL to prevent burn-in.
Also about the black stains/bad calibration of the display at very dark greys.

Megatronus66

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
Please notify him that we still cannot select an random/custom image as glance background as the "Glance Background Beta" app is unavailable and dysfunctional since months.
The official glance screen app under settings only allows us to assign lock screen image as glance background.Please request him to bring this feature of the beta app in the official glance screen app of windows 10 mobile.

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Tell him about Edge's underperformance - random crashes, random page reloads, awful desktop mode browsing and the lack of forward navigation. Also tell him the display still blinks. Tell him that no one's Outlook account is outdated still the Mail app gives syncing error. Tell him how inconsistent the Settings app is. Show him these concept pictures from a Behance user:- https://www.behance.net/gallery/27500265/Reimagining-Windows-10-Mobile-Update-2 and ask him to take a few genuine ideas from them, not all.

And last but not the least, ask him never to scrap Windows Mobile. There are millions of die hard fans and users who won't be able to take the load of end of the mobile platform :smile:

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
(could be Samsung at least, they have at least a few variants of the Galaxy Alpha, the A has a locked bootloader, the W is the one with a Snapdragon, the others all have Exynos chips, etc. etc.)

Say hello on behalf of us fans who can't make it.

YKinase

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
An option to re-install system apps (e.g. Outlook Mail) when they get corrupted rather than hard-reset
An option to "refresh" the current system build; That is, rather than use WDRT, which will throw insiders back to a production build, an option to re-install current build (go through gears, reinstall apps, etc.) when things get screwed up. MUCH faster than WDRT ->Insider
A safe start option would be nice - load bare bones, no 3rd party apps to debug.

v535

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Better cache management on w10m or atleast include a feature set(by MS) to clean app cache every month or two for every app installed via store.
One important thing is to make w10m bug free to do simple tasks like calling,messaging w/o even needing an update.

Giddora

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
Just thank the team for continue their hard work even though almost the entire community has turned their backs to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa