Can't download anything from the store?

RanchoBurger

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Picked up a Lenovo Yoga 700 the other day. Everything's been going ok. Got some windows updates last night. Today, nothing will download from the windows marketplace. Don't know if they're related. So far I've tried relogging into my windows account, disabling all security software, changing the boot mode, restarting windows update. All things I've found by searching for this issue. None of it has worked.

RanchoBurger

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
No ideas, anyone? Did a support chat with MS and they said it ""might be" that my account is corrupt and that I use a new account to download from the marketplace.

RanchoBurger

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, store. It's still ingrained in my head as the marketplace. Will probably always refer to it as that. Glad you were able to figure it out, didn't mean to drop such an esoteric puzzle on you. Pardon my snarkiness.

A new account does work. But I kinda would rather just use my account, I'm sure anyone would understand. What an annoyance, switching accounts every time you want to download or update something.

Windows 10, I guess.

Zhenren Zhou

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
There might be some settings in your account that are preventing you from downloading as well. I used to encounter a restricted mode by which I am banned from downloading. I remove MYSELF from the restricted members and I have been able to download ever since. It might not necessary be your problem tho, Windows Store is still young and MS has to work on perfecting it, there's probably something MS has done wrong that's preventing you from downloading is not out of the equation IMO.

RanchoBurger

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Maybe. It had been working fine at first then all of a sudden it just stopped. I also can't log in to the netflix app on my account. But on the new user account, I can. And the website works fine. Really weird. Hoping it just starts working at some point.

Zhenren Zhou

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Sounds familiar. Go to account.Microsoft.com/family see if you yourself are on that restricted list. If you are not, then I am not sure what's wrong.

RanchoBurger

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Still nothing. Cant play any games that require I sign into my gamertag. Cant sign into the netflix app. Nothing will download, not even updates. Win 10 seems pretty terrible so far.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon