So are us "old phone" people getting Windows 10 today, or soon, or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelBanning

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
I saw the thing about today being the possible release of windows 10 mobile for people like me who own a 1520 and don't want to do the insider program. Any ideas on if this is going to happen today, or this week...or ever?

montera

Feb 1, 2016
Visit site
Having both 1520 and 930, I was somewhat eager when reading news of W10M "some" months ago. Now after so many delays I've come to a conclusion, MS has just started a new hobby for Lumia folks, waiting and anticipating the possible OS for the Nokia/MS phones. There are many forums built around this waiting and myriads of postings sent just to guess "is it today or perhaps next week?" and this has been going on for, oh for a minimal eternity, just to get an OS, this is crazy, saying it mildly. I think I'll just stay with 8.1 no matter what and when there is coming something or not.

terence chan

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
If I were you, I would prefer them releasing later. I have been on the preview builds and it still need a lot of refinements and bug fixes. It can't even perform well on those phones pre-loaded with it, including the 950....

MichaelBanning

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
If I were you, I would prefer them releasing later. I have been on the preview builds and it still need a lot of refinements and bug fixes. It can't even perform well on those phones pre-loaded with it, including the 950....

That's good/infuriating to know. This is also why I haven't upgraded my Win 7 laptop to Win 10 either. One of these days I want someone to sit Microsoft people down and just ask them why they can't just get the seemingly more basic things right.

terence chan

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
Originally posted by MichaelBanning
Originally Posted by terence chan

That's good/infuriating to know. This is also why I haven't upgraded my Win 7 laptop to Win 10 either. One of these days I want someone to sit Microsoft people down and just ask them why they can't just get the seemingly more basic things right.

To be honest, the desktop version of W10 is actually quite good and complete and no complains here from the day it is released. Smooth updates and problem free.
It is the mobile builds that are troublesome, and just recently they asked ppl not to update to the most recent build on 550 *facepalm*

Giddora

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
To be honest, the desktop version of W10 is actually quite good and complete and no complains here from the day it is released. Smooth updates and problem free.
It is the mobile builds that are troublesome, and just recently they asked ppl not to update to the most recent build on 550 *facepalm*

Every experience is unlike any one elses. I haven't had a single problem with the latest build released for the 920 and XL while some seems to have every bug that has ever been reported on the forums happen to their handsets. W10m works as good as any other OS (Including WP7) for me.

The big difference between the build that MS recommends people not to install on their 550's is that that build is the first build of a new development branch (Redstone). It WILL be more buggy and unreliable since it will have new features that are untested.

Dan Harris

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Originally posted by Giddora
Originally Posted by terence chan

...Every experience is unlike any one elses. I haven't had a single problem with the latest build released for the 920 and XL while some seems to have every bug that has ever been reported on the forums happen to their handsets. W10m works as good as any other OS (Including WP7) for me.

I've not had any problems on my 950, but some of the initial reviews and things posted online suggest some people have had tons of problems - Take it with a pinch of salt when people tell you it doesn't run well on the 950 - My experience has been great. It ran pretty well on my 930 but the 950 is going very well for me.

GrandGerminator

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site

With which device did you upgrade to Windows 10 ?

bdchambers79

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Originally posted by MichaelBanning

I've been running W10 since December of 2014, and I can wait recommend it over W7. As for mobile, the builds ate somewhat inconsistent. The latest build is awesome on my HTC m8, the previous build had horrible battery life, the build prior to that was great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss