Has cortana gone dumb in windows 10 mobile?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Amongst the many things that I don't like in windows 10 mobile, the one that is most annoying is Cortana's functionality? here are the problems:

1) It seems it has become slower and takes a lot of time doing even simple tasks such as calling someone.

2)In 8.1, I would just put in a keyword (voice or typing) into Cortana's search bar and she would give me all the details separately categorised into web, local, phone, images etc which you could look into by sliding side to side. For ex, if I'd ask Cortana about 'Mr.X', she would, apart from the web search would also show contact details, images, messages by mr.X or messages containing keywords mr.x..etc etc. So Cortana was one efficient place for all that. But sadly all that is gone now. All I get now is a Bing search. How difficult is it for her to understand '' show 'someone's' contact details" and not do a web search. I am already hating windows 10 mobile.

3) How do I enable 'hey Cortana' in my mobile? is it even there?

mark233

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Well --- in Windows 8.1 mobile I can ask Cortana, "How do I get to ____'s apartment?" (one of my saved places), and it/she will respond with, "Sure, getting directions to blah blah blah address" and up comes HERE Drive with directions. On Windows 10 mobile, when I ask the same thing I just get a web search of apartments around my area ... so yeah, in that sense Cortana has gone dumb. :-/

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss