Has Cortana become dumb in windows 10 mobile?

Abhienav Mishra

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
Amongst many things that I don't like in windows 10 mobile,the one that's most infuriating is how cortana has been rendered useless wrt win8.1.

1) Earlier in 8.1, one could put in any keyword through voice or typing in cortana's search bar and she would show all the results neatly categorised as web,images,local,phone etc etc. So, you could access files, contact details, app, messages from that person or messages containing those keywords, stored images apart from the web search. All this has gone now. All you get is a web search by Cortana. This ensures it has become a fossil and hardly of any use.

2) It works very slow compared to in 8.1, just keeps on rotating.

3) Why does she need an internet connection even for accessing local information?

4) If I can use 'hey cortana' on my PC, why shouldn't it be available on my mobile?

All this makes me wonder, do MS guys even use windows phone themselves? If there are solutions to above problems please enlighten me. I'm already planning to downgrade to 8.1 otherwise.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Amongst many things that I don't like in windows 10 mobile,the one that's most infuriating is how cortana has been rendered useless wrt win8.1.

1) Earlier in 8.1, one could put in any keyword through voice or typing in cortana's search bar and she would show all the results neatly categorised as web,images,local,phone etc etc. So, you could access files, contact details, app, messages from that person or messages containing those keywords, stored images apart from the web search. All this has gone now. All you get is a web search by Cortana. This ensures it has become a fossil and hardly of any use.

2) It works very slow compared to in 8.1, just keeps on rotating.

3) Why does she need an internet connection even for accessing local information?

4) If I can use 'hey cortana' on my PC, why shouldn't it be available on my mobile?

All this makes me wonder, do MS guys even use windows phone themselves? If there are solutions to above problems please enlighten me. I'm already planning to downgrade to 8.1 otherwise.

downgrade and wait for improvements to come

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2