How do I turn off Groove Music?

thalador

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi folks,

So I transfered my music to my Onedrive and sync'd up Groove on both the Windows 10 PC and Mobile. Good stuff. The thing is, when I play it in the car through bluetooth it comes out great, but from then on after I get out of the car and there is no bluetooth when I do a volume up or down it still shows the song that was last playing. Is this a bug or is there a way to shut the app down?

Thanks

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
The app is suspended and using no processor cycles. It is much quicker to tap the artist name when you change volume to open music again or hold the back arrow to go to music again.
You will see this is what all pages you back out of do. No need to shut it down

Arunabha Goswami

May 11, 2015
Visit site
It's not a bug, it's a design choice. The volume slider shows the last playing song even after you CLOSE the music app(at least on WP8.1). That's just the way it is.

Dan Harris

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Like others have said, it is by design.

There was an app for WP 8.1 that let you clear the song from that pop up menu but I'm not sure if it works with W10M - It would clear the value for all audio apps like Audible and Xbox Music etc.

Try looking in the store, I can't remember what it was called though sorry - You could pin a tile from it, and tapping that tile cleared the currently playing song

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
"Stop the Music!" is the name of the app that I use, and it is compatible with Windows 10 Mobile, as I use it on mine. Works great, and clears out the song from the volume.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro