Tetra lockscreen

Eb Langat

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
I deeply suggest that they bring this app back or even better integrate it because it helped 100% with productivity and tracking my steps without having to unlock the phone. I dont have a Microsoft band either so this would be a spectacular alternative

Aurelink

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Not sure that would be possible with W10M, tho.

They broke the glance and the "glance background app" doesn't work anymore, and they kept going by making a whole "new" lockscreen which now isn't compatible with the old "Live Lock Screen Beta", so I'm guessing it won't be compatible with Tetra too if it ever comes back.

Dan Harris

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
What's broken in Glance on Windows 10 Mobile? The built in Glance screen already supports background images, so the separate app isn't as necessary any more.

The built in function doesn't have identical features (I think in the old app the glance BG could be different to your lock screen), but it works on my 950 without problems.

I remember trying out that lock screen app on my 1020 and it was a horrible experience with poor performance. If they brought it back it would need to perform as well as the vanilla, OOTB lock screen.

To the OP, could you not get an app on your phone that uses the SensorCore API to track your steps and then updates the Glance screen to show the updated value periodically?

Aurelink

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
What's broken in Glance on Windows 10 Mobile? The built in Glance screen already supports background images, so the separate app isn't as necessary any more.

The built in function doesn't have identical features (I think in the old app the glance BG could be different to your lock screen), but it works on my 950 without problems.

I remember trying out that lock screen app on my 1020 and it was a horrible experience with poor performance. If they brought it back it would need to perform as well as the vanilla, OOTB lock screen.

To the OP, could you not get an app on your phone that uses the SensorCore API to track your steps and then updates the Glance screen to show the updated value periodically?

What people dont get is that a lot of us are using apps as lockscreen. So we can't enable a glance picture AND a lockscreen-app, there's a choice to make here.

The Glance Background App had this purpose : let us use a lockscreen app and use a custom picture as the glance background.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb