Continuum is not available in your country or area

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Strange no one have an answer to this question. Three days ago I bought Lumia 950XL Phone with windows phone 10. When trying to start Continuum app I get: Continuum is not available in your country or area. I use Hebrew language. My country is Israel. Before I bought my Lumia 950XL phone I did not see any publication saying continuum is limited to certain countries. In no publication Microsoft monition that Continuum is limited in any country. Continuum is one of the important features and most innovative. In all publications Microsoft boast this feature as a differentiating their phone from other phones. Very surprising and bothering!!! Will Continuum be available? If yes, when? Thanks, Arie

Liron Ben-David

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site
I would like to bump this thread and update that I as well got the 950XL with the purpose of using continuum, I'm from Israel as well and using Hebrew on my device.

Just opened the app and got the same message. that is rather weird.

Liron Ben-David

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site
UPDATE

I got the Display Dock (the wired one) and set to try it out.

first the Continuum app is not availble for Israel - I had to change region to both US and set the phone language to English in order for this app to actually open up.

Next I tried to activate the device,
Connected HDMI cable and set the tv channel to that connection. connected the power cable and I got red dot implying it's alright,
on the device I've opened the Continuum app and chose set-up and it's on wired.
then I've connected the phone to the dock but nothing happens - it does not recognize it or do anything.

what's going on?
I'm starting to understand why people are avoiding windows phones :X
At any rate I've tried to contact windows support team they just sent me a link to FAQ page without any answers I might need to get them on the phone.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
UPDATE

I got the Display Dock (the wired one) and set to try it out.

first the Continuum app is not availble for Israel - I had to change region to both US and set the phone language to English in order for this app to actually open up.

Next I tried to activate the device,
Connected HDMI cable and set the tv channel to that connection. connected the power cable and I got red dot implying it's alright,
on the device I've opened the Continuum app and chose set-up and it's on wired.
then I've connected the phone to the dock but nothing happens - it does not recognize it or do anything.

what's going on?
I'm starting to understand why people are avoiding windows phones :X
At any rate I've tried to contact windows support team they just sent me a link to FAQ page without any answers I might need to get them on the phone.

This is the first time I've heard of this issue, I think your best bet is to contact the MS support team as you've said. Try the chat service, they're usually very helpful and you have a record of what was talked about

Liron Ben-David

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site
The app only works if I change my region to United States and set my phone language to US English.
when its on my local (Israel + Hebrew) the App will not open with message its not available for my region. which is rather weird as you can't see anywhere online or on the FAQs region limitations like with cortana.

Another thing I have tried is keep the region as Israel but change the phone language to English and same message about not available etc.
so it seems to be region settings issue.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
The app only works if I change my region to United States and set my phone language to US English.
when its on my local (Israel + Hebrew) the App will not open with message its not available for my region. which is rather weird as you can't see anywhere online or on the FAQs region limitations like with cortana.

Another thing I have tried is keep the region as Israel but change the phone language to English and same message about not available etc.
so it seems to be region settings issue.

and the other way around? Keeping region as USA but language as Hebrew?

Liron Ben-David

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site
not working.
might be localization settings I'll try now region US \ Lang Heb \ Local US give me minute.

EDIT:

Continuum App:
1. local heb \ lang heb \ region Israel = not working
2. local eng \ lang heb \ region USA = not working

3. local eng \ lang eng \ region USA = Working
3. Local heb \ lang eng \ region Israel = Working!

It seem that only factor in my case was the phone set language to English (US). region was set to Israel and Localization settings set to Hebrew (Israel) and only factor was the phone ui language.

which is actually good I don't mind using English. probably bug I should report it to Microsoft I guess.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
not working.
might be localization settings I'll try now region US \ Lang Heb \ Local US give me minute.

EDIT:

Continuum App:
1. local heb \ lang heb \ region Israel = not working
2. local eng \ lang heb \ region USA = not working

3. local eng \ lang eng \ region USA = Working
3. Local heb \ lang eng \ region Israel = Working!

It seem that only factor in my case was the phone set language to English (US). region was set to Israel and Localization settings set to Hebrew (Israel) and only factor was the phone ui language.

which is actually good I don't mind using English. probably bug I should report it to Microsoft I guess.

and contact the local ms store too so they can inform potential customers as well as get this sorted out properly

David Fainshtein

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Strange no one have an answer to this question. Three days ago I bought Lumia 950XL Phone with windows phone 10. When trying to start Continuum app I get: Continuum is not available in your country or area. I use Hebrew language. My country is Israel. Before I bought my Lumia 950XL phone I did not see any publication saying continuum is limited to certain countries. In no publication Microsoft monition that Continuum is limited in any country. Continuum is one of the important features and most innovative. In all publications Microsoft boast this feature as a differentiating their phone from other phones. Very surprising and bothering!!! Will Continuum be available? If yes, when? Thanks, Arie

I can confirm the same issue with my 950XL in Israel with Hebrew.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans