MKV files no sound in windows 10 mobile

inheart

Nov 14, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys. I recently purchased a display dock and try to watch some movie on tv. However i just realize that the MKV files when playing in default player do not have sound. I also tried another player but the problem still the same. Anyone else has this problem ?

I am using L950 and running build 10586.107.

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys. I recently purchased a display dock and try to watch some movie on tv. However i just realize that the MKV files when playing in default player do not have sound. I also tried another player but the problem still the same. Anyone else has this problem ?

I am using L950 and running build 10586.107.

W10M has tons of issues with MKV. Have you tested the video file on other platform devices like on an Android? From my experiences, all MKV which can't played well on my 640 XL running W10M, are playing flawlessly on my Note 4 via MX Player.

midnightfrolic

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
I have same issue. No audio using default player. Get VLC player. It's free. Has support for subtitles too.

EDIT: nevermind. VLC broken in latest update/build.

Alexander Long

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
if the video's audio is codec inAC3 (Dolby digital) or DST, then it won't have any sound , since those decodes need license to play. However some of the earlier Nokia Lumia phone like Lumia 920 do have dolby digital plus built-in, and those device would play those AC3 audio sound out in Windows 10 mobile.
and if you want to play on continuum, you can try ax-lite player or best player, those two apps works on mine.

inheart

Nov 14, 2015
Visit site
I have no problem playing MKV on default player in windows 10. It only happened on windows 10 mobile. I tried ax-lit player and it doesnt fix the problem. I will try to use best player tonight see if it work

Alexander Long

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
I have no problem playing MKV on default player in windows 10. It only happened on windows 10 mobile. I tried ax-lit player and it doesnt fix the problem. I will try to use best player tonight see if it work
most of the PC have hardware ability to decode Ac3, but most of the phone don't except phones like lumia 930, 830, etc. therefore you can play them on win10 on PC not win10 mobile. but if MKV's audio is ACC or mp3 codec, then the native player can play just fine. NOTE: AC3 or DTS codec is not built -in windows 10 since MS need to pay licences for them if they includes. On PC you can download codec packs easily, plus most of vedio cards have those hardware decodec. But on Phones, either if the hpone are DD plus, or you have to use software decode.
ax-lite is picky on AC3 too, but DTS seems fine. the developer of Best player is on this forum, you can request a promo code from him to get the full functional app, it is still working in progress though, so any issue you can just PM him directly.
There are also a UWP version of VLC player in progress now, should come out soon hopefully.

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
if the video's audio is codec inAC3 (Dolby digital) or DST, then it won't have any sound , since those decodes need license to play. However some of the earlier Nokia Lumia phone like Lumia 920 do have dolby digital plus built-in, and those device would play those AC3 audio sound out in Windows 10 mobile.
and if you want to play on continuum, you can try ax-lite player or best player, those two apps works on mine.

Not really. I can see the video and hear the sound on Moliplayer on my 640XL (is it considered as an earlier device?). But the video are distorted - something like checker boxes appearing now and then. However, same file playing flawlessly on my Note 4 with MX Player. I installed the AC3 drivers on the Note 4 hence I can hear the audio as well.

W10M is just bad with MKV.

Alexander Long

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Not really. I can see the video and hear the sound on Moliplayer on my 640XL (is it considered as an earlier device?). But the video are distorted - something like checker boxes appearing now and then. However, same file playing flawlessly on my Note 4 with MX Player. I installed the AC3 drivers on the Note 4 hence I can hear the audio as well.

W10M is just bad with MKV.
I am only talking about native video player,(moliplayer is not), I doubt Note 4 can play those file on native android video player either.
third party players like multiplayer or MX player normally use software decode instead hardware decode, which could play most of file. Best Player so far is pretty good, and works on continuum too, and the famous VLC player 's UWP version is reported coming soon too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte