How do I remove leftover contact information within People from the loss of Facebook Connect?

cre8tivspirit

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I still have Facebook contact information within my Windows 10 People but I'm not being allowed to delete them. I get told that I have to remove them from Facebook first but since we can no longer connect and sync contacts with Facebook, I can't do that either. I'm setting up a new desktop PC and I really want all of that irrelevant contact information to be gone.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I believe this limitation was for Windows Phone 8. In Windows Phone 8.1 and beyond, I was still able to sync my Facebook contacts with my device. Now in Windows 10 Mobile, I just checked now and indeed I can still choose to sync or not to sync my Facebook contacts from the Facebook (official) app.

Anyway, login to your people.live.com account. At the upper right most corner, you should see your photo or account name, and underneath that you can see small icons (Facebook, Twitter, etc.). Click on the three dots there, and in the next page you should be able to "Remove this connection completely" for your Facebook contacts.

cre8tivspirit

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
My apologies. This is not a Windows mobile question. I'm speaking about Windows 10 on my Surface Pro 2. Microsoft's Facebook Connect feature no longer works since Facebook changed their API. My People account will no longer connect to Facebook but I still have residual Facebook contact information that I can't delete.

Update: Problem solved. Even though Facebook Connect no longer works, I still had to go into the connections and remove Facebook. Doing that removed to old facebook information from my contacts.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12