Cortana showing Bing results

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
I have searched for this issue, and although a couple have mentioned it, no one has a definitive, or even suggestion, as to why this is happening. Mine started this afternoon, after behaving perfectly. I rolled back, and now I've been restored to .11!!! Eh? A couple of days ago, it rolled back to .36? Anyway, the outcome is, Cortana still shows Bing results.

As I have said before, how the hell can a beta out perform a 'said' release one on the 950/xl.
I am stumped. Anyone else????

Bagzton

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Lol! Honestly, you couldnt make this up could you! If you could it would probably be the longest running comedy on tv!

Nadella, aka Peter Griffin

No! Not making it up or whatever. When I upgraded to Win10M, and saw how Cortana looks and behaves, I've been complaining ever since. What I now do is, instead of using Cortana for my search, I simply open Edge and do my search there. Since it's the same Bing results that Cortana would be giving me.

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
No! Not making it up or whatever. When I upgraded to Win10M, and saw how Cortana looks and behaves, I've been complaining ever since. What I now do is, instead of using Cortana for my search, I simply open Edge and do my search there. Since it's the same Bing results that Cortana would be giving me.

You and me both matey! Strangely, I rolled back my 950xl, didnt bother at all with the insider, and 107 appeared along with the firmware update. Guess what? No more bing with Cortana!! Still doesnt bloody update ANYTHING though! More feedback sent, again and again...

Madam ImAdam

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
The biggest problem for me is that Cortana never seems to be able to search my device. I've just added an appointment in the Calendar app and then tried to use Cortana to open it so that I can make an edit. I searched Cortana for the name of the appointment and Cortana returns Bing results! What garbage!

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Bet it was nerfed so it worked better for ios and android users. Its the exact same interface and when you consider it still works the same way on WP 8.1 its hard to think of any other reason why its been downgraded to basically a wap web page on W10.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo