Crash when sharing photos

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Since upgrading to Windows 10 mobile a few months ago, I've had this issue any time I try to share a photo. It doesn't seem to matter the method I choose to share (mms, email, onedrive), but it seems that 9 of 10 times, the message creation will crash and return me to my photos app on my first attempt to share a photo.

I'm on the Fast ring of the Insider program with my Lumia 640 XL - currently running build 10586.107. My brother just recently upgraded to the Release Preview ring of the Insider program on his Lumia 920, though I'm not sure what that build number is. This weekend he was very upset because he was trying to forward an MMS picture as an email and said it kept crashing every time he tried to create the email.

This issue is an annoyance that I've come to accept, but I was just wondering if this is a common issue after my brother had so many problems with this. I couldn't really find anything in the Windows Feedback that matched the description of this issue.

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I used WDRT to revert back to Windows Phone 8.1, then got the official upgrade to Windows 10 on my 640 XL. On build 10586.164, I'm still having this same issue with crashing when I try to share a photo. It will crash on the first attempt, but then work successfully on the second attempt.

wolfpack219

Dec 11, 2015
Visit site
Same issue here all. Several crashes now, and frequently. Uploading a photo to text, email, or one drive, 9-10 times crashes. Pandora Radio will no longer open, just crashes immediately. I was having severe issues trying to open attachments on email, immediately would crash to home screen. All after the most recent insider update after .107.

Andrevv

Aug 9, 2016
Visit site
I used WDRT to revert back to Windows Phone 8.1, then got the official upgrade to Windows 10 on my 640 XL. On build 10586.164, I'm still having this same issue with crashing when I try to share a photo. It will crash on the first attempt, but then work successfully on the second attempt.

Same problem on 10586.494, Lumia 640

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss