Can Cortana Access Be Controlled To Prevent Data Leakage?

web1b

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
We will be deploying Windows 10 with Cortana initially disabled in our corporate image.
The main reason is because we do not want any company data documents, email, calendars etc. sent to be indexed and parsed on Microsoft servers to allow Cortana to answer questions like "show me documents regarding the merger with XYZ corp" or "next When is the meeting with Mr Kazowski regarding next years budget."

It may be fine to users to use Cortana for things like the weather or traffic or generic questions that don't rely on access to corporate data of any kind. If it cannot be centrally controlled to that level, then we have to disable it.

Are there any ways to use group policy or any other management to block Cortana's access to any private company or customer data that may be on the user's PC, a network share they access, email, Calendar, Contacts etc.?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I think across the board disabling will offer the most peace of mind and that's what I would do since Cortana is probably best left for personal devices in this case IMHO.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)