Windows not logging into correct account

ShannonKB

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site
Here lately when I start my Surface instead of auto signing in like normal, I get an error saying Couldn't connect to network, please try again, or something along those lines. However, it was trying to login to a random account under my name, not my normal user account. This account doesn't appear under Users and Computers either so I'm confused. It's very annoying because my device always defaults to this account to login but it can't. Attached are some pictures of the aforementioned.View attachment 123275View attachment 123278View attachment 123279

Attachments

• User Account 1.jpg
    User Account 1.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • User account 2.jpg
    User account 2.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • user account 3.jpg
    user account 3.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0

ShannonKB

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site
I have been the only owner/user/account holder on this device, and this didn't start happening till about two weeks ago, maybe less. It actually stopped after the most recent insider build dropped, it only listed my MS account and it was the default to sign in (since it was the only one) but then this morning, it acted like it wanted to sign into a local account again. Now lists two accounts again on login. There are no other user accounts except the default MS accounts, and my admin account under Users and Groups, so even though the other account might appear to be a local account, it isn't populating in Account settings or Computer Management. :eck:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
priya8923